PDA

View Full Version : clutch sticking

johndej
12-09-2003, 01:33 PM
hmm........ i've searched but failed to find anyone else whos had this problem (or posted about it). on the 3g when i drive normaly (shifting at about 2.5-3k) the clutch sometimes does not release when i push the pedal down, it will still be in gear the same as it is normaly. other times though, it shifts fine. and then occasionaly it will resist when i start pushing down (and not releasing), but at like 1/2 the way down it will just drop to the floor like it should. anyone have an idea whats wrong? i know the answer is prob a new clutch cause i've already adjusted it some but that didn't help much.
oh yeah, i forgot, another thing it does is like when i'm just sitting on a slope (ex- in a parking lot), i'll role slowy like just to another spot. well this works fine if i'm in neutral w/ the clutch down, But have the clutch down and i'm 1st or 2nd, it will make a light grinding sound that gets worse as i role faster.

maka_RTH
12-10-2003, 12:17 AM
i'm not sure..., but could possibly be that you need to adjust the cable....

shepherd79
12-10-2003, 04:39 AM
i don't think it is your cable. it sounds like your pressure plate worn out.

johndej
12-21-2003, 07:36 PM
yeah, your right shepherd, just got it diagnosed today that my pressure plate is on its way out. i'll prob get a new clutch next month when i take it in to get an inspection.