PDA

View Full Version : Search not working

87accordlxi
12-09-2003, 06:47 PM
To give everyone a heads up, a database error comes up when you try to search. I'll make sure Marc knows about it, but in the meantime promise me none of you will go off on the newbies for not searching!

blazin3gen
12-09-2003, 06:49 PM
im guilty i think i did lol woops

Edit---

also the View new posts option dont work either

dXsquared
12-10-2003, 09:39 AM
that doesnt work because when you look for new posts... thats doin a search to see all the posts that have been made since your last visit...

Travis

NXRacer
12-10-2003, 04:20 PM
it sure would be nice to hear from marc about when its gonna be fixed.....at least hearing if he knows what the problem is and when he's gonna get a chance to look at it.

MrBen
12-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Marc is busy. Cut him some slack. :)

SteveDX89
12-12-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by NXRacer
it sure would be nice to hear from marc about when its gonna be fixed.....at least hearing if he knows what the problem is and when he's gonna get a chance to look at it.

:werd:

3G Jester
12-14-2003, 12:07 AM
Yeah its cool if marc is buisy. every has their own life...but seriously... if you undertake a project like this message board....you cant ignore a problem for a week or more and leave everybody hanging.
do you tell you kid to wait on dinner for a week casue your buisy?
at least an acknowlegement that the problem is being assessed/fixed would be nice.

MrBen
12-14-2003, 12:03 PM
Well here's a quote from what Marc said:

As to why it's hard to get a hold of me the past few months?

Moved into a new place, parents were moving to indiana. My back went out for 6 weeks. I had 3 bulging discs, a herniated disc that was pinching my sciatic nerve. Now I am working my ass off because it's almost year end at my work and that's my busiest time of the year. TONS of overtime.

SteveDX89
12-14-2003, 12:54 PM
He should be able to let someone else look into the problems with the board.

HostileJava
12-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Yeah, it's getting tough to find stuff, I'm glad I saved links to alot of threads that I found useful for my future projects. I'm beginning to think it's not going to get fixed.

Vinny
12-16-2003, 08:14 AM
Is there ANY way we can get an actual update on when this is going to get fixed? Its been like this since the 6th or 7th and we haven't heard anything except "I'll make sure Marc knows about it" or "Marcs a busy guy" No offense to the admistrators but most sites I've been on the Admins are usually able to take care of database issues. Not trying to piss anyone off but this is really getting old

87accordlxi
12-16-2003, 08:28 AM
None of the Admins here have access to the actual database...all we can do is a backup. Marc is the only one who has access to that, as well as FTP access to the board's files. So we aren't lying when we say we can't do anything. Since Marc has been MIA for a while, it's also hard to get updates from him. So really all we can say is that he knows about the problems and that he's busy.

Currently, the only information we have is that he is without internet access until the billing goes through for DSL at his new place. It should be up within the next couple days, but honestly that's out of my control and and I can't guarantee that. I'm sorry for the inconvenience to everyone, but please realize that we are often in the dark as you are.

NXRacer
12-16-2003, 11:26 AM
maybe its time we get somebody else on board that has admin priveliges like marc for backup purposes.......just for failsafe reasons in case something like this happens again........

do any of the current admins have his phone # or another way to get ahold of him besides email?

HostileJava
12-18-2003, 07:39 PM
I know we just came back from major down time but, the search still isn't working.

hkplayer
12-18-2003, 08:19 PM
Its so not :( and I live for that search! LOL

Vinny
12-19-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by HostileJava
Yeah, it's getting tough to find stuff, I'm glad I saved links to alot of threads that I found useful for my future projects. I'm beginning to think it's not going to get fixed.

Originally posted by marc49
I am also updating the website this weekend to VB3. It's almost in it's final release, they call it their "gamma" release. but the foundation is finally done so we can update it now..

Hopefully that will fix a few things. Hope someone backs us up first