PDA

View Full Version : reverse indiglow dash questions?!?!?

rollinhnda88
12-09-2003, 07:11 PM
I just got my 1988 Honda Accord Lx... and im not real sure on how the dash all comes apart and the easy short cuts around things and im goin to start working on my Accord. If somebody could help me with some detailed instructions and i have another question can you see the needles on the guages when you have the reverse indiglow gauges? Cuz in the pictures that i have seen you cant?

blazin3gen
12-09-2003, 07:52 PM
yea u can i can see my needles good even when its dimmed all the way down here the instructions for the dash cluster

http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/projects/gauges_replace.jpg

rollinhnda88
12-10-2003, 04:01 AM
ok that doesnt seem to be too hard. Now is there any special percautions i need to take so i dont brake and guages or throw them off so they are not correct? But hey thanks for that diagram man that looks very helpful

HostileJava
12-10-2003, 04:27 AM
Be very careful when pulling the needles off the rpm and speedo, if you can take a picture of where they were before hand and make sure there resting at the same spot when you put them back on that will help. I was a little hesitant to to take the temp and fuel gauge needle off since so many people's have stopped working/broken after doing that. You can bend and manuever the gauge over the needles without breaking the gauge or the needles if your real careful.

Dennis
12-10-2003, 06:20 AM
my temperature gauge is broke, it goes from cold to normal constantly.

rollinhnda88
12-10-2003, 12:07 PM
ok... can you put the spedo and tach guage on without taking the needles off like you said you can with the fuel and temp ones???? But hey ill give that stuff a try when i get the guages and ill see what i can come up with but if i have anymore questions ill just get back on here and ask. But Thanks

HostileJava
12-10-2003, 01:46 PM
You should be able to do it all without taking the needles off but I found it easier to pull the needls off to do the work. I think Bloodlust has some pics of us doing his gauges, PM him and ask about it.

blazin3gen
12-10-2003, 03:05 PM
heres some advice dont pull out the needles its much easy'er to slide them in the only needle i took out was the Temperature needle cuz its kinda hard to get a gauge in with 2 needles but even though i removed it, it still works good luck man its a bitch

rollinhnda88
12-10-2003, 03:11 PM
Hell the way everbodys making it seem im in for a hell of a trip LoL! Do the needles just pop off? But iono i guess ill just find out when i get some guages and try it lol but thanx i would of been lost without the info you guys gave me lol

Project-LXi
12-10-2003, 10:19 PM
Dont remove your needles, because you can break them easily: I did this and had to buy a new gauge cluster. All you have to do is slide the new covers over the existing gauges, they are desinged to be installed that way. I found that bending them when they slipped over the needles helped a great deal.

BDaccordguy
12-11-2003, 12:22 AM
yeah man, its not all that hard. I did take my speedometer needle off, and it works fine. I managed to get the others on without taking the needles off, even the fuel/temp gauge. On that one if u bend the gauge just right it should slip right on. Anyway, its not as hard as everyones making it seem.

Bloodlust
12-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Me and James (HostileJava) took every needle except for the temp guage and the gas guage needles. I remember my temp guage didnt work because the guages were touching the round piece that the needle is attached to. The same thing was wrong with the tachometer. We just took a flathead screw driver and lifted the round plastic piece a little bit and reved the car to see if it was moving correctly. Same with the temp guage. I was told before I bought them that it was a pain to do but I felt it was worth it. That picture above that blazin posted shows a good turtorial of how to take the cluster out.