PDA

View Full Version : Door Open Light Stays On Seatbelt Doesent Lock

jacc420
12-09-2003, 07:21 PM
HERES THE DEAL MY DOOR LIGHT ON THE DASH STAYS ON WHEN I PULL IN ON MY DOOR THE LIGHS GO OFF I TRIED ADJUSTING THE DOOR IN A LITTLE THAT DIDNT WORK I KNOW FROM THE SEATBELT NOT GOING BACK INTO THE DOOR QUICK ENOUGH IT HAS BEEN SLAMMED IN THE DOOR A FEW TO MANY TIMES I HAVE HAD TO REPLACE THE SWITCH THAT TURNS THE DOME LIGHT ON THATS NOT THE PROBLEM EITHER IF ANY ONE CAN HELLP IT WOULD BE GREAT

Mac
12-09-2003, 07:36 PM

maka_RTH
12-10-2003, 12:15 AM
i'm not sure..., but i know on my 2dr that the door was just barely not hitting the switch cuz it's just barely not hung right...., but we put like a little sticky pad dealy on that was just long enough to hit the switch.... dunno if this helps or not tho

jacc420
12-10-2003, 05:26 AM
thanx but the switch is not the problem unless it is magnetic any other help would be excellent thanks

smufguy
12-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by jacc420
HERES THE DEAL MY DOOR LIGHT ON THE DASH STAYS ON WHEN I PULL IN ON MY DOOR THE LIGHS GO OFF I TRIED ADJUSTING THE DOOR IN A LITTLE THAT DIDNT WORK I KNOW FROM THE SEATBELT NOT GOING BACK INTO THE DOOR QUICK ENOUGH IT HAS BEEN SLAMMED IN THE DOOR A FEW TO MANY TIMES I HAVE HAD TO REPLACE THE SWITCH THAT TURNS THE DOME LIGHT ON THATS NOT THE PROBLEM EITHER IF ANY ONE CAN HELLP IT WOULD BE GREAT

IS there any way u can rephrase your question cuz im having trouble in understanding what exactly you are asking.

jacc420
12-10-2003, 02:52 PM
my door is closed all the way the door light on the dash and the seatbelt light on the dash always stay on if i pull in on my door they go off could something be loose in my door whatever it is my seatbelt dont lock when i hit the brakes

maka_RTH
12-11-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by jacc420
thanx but the switch is not the problem unless it is magnetic any other help would be excellent thanks
i didn't mean the switch was the problem, but that when the door is shut it's not hitting the switch(even though it appears to be all the way shut). mine had the same problem

smufguy
12-11-2003, 07:47 AM
yeah like greg mentioned, it might be the door not being able to activate the switch. So try putting like sticky tape on the door where it contacts the switch, usually its the switch that go bad, even tho it might go in and out, the rust in the spring inside that switch would be at fault, also did u take the switch out and replace it with another one??