PDA

View Full Version : Bondo... fiberglassing...?

Dennis
12-10-2003, 06:55 AM
I'm completely new to bondo and fiberglassing or whatever... anyone have a link to something that explains how to use bondo like for bodykits or just body repair? Pictures of the work would help. thanks! :stick:

HostileJava
12-10-2003, 09:03 AM
I don't know of any good articles online I think you best bet would be to go to the autoparts store and pick a book on both subjects. I know they have them right by the bondo/fiberglass stuff where I go.

AccordArizona89
12-10-2003, 10:33 AM
ya i want to know the same thing. i took off my side trim and racks on the top of my lx-i and i want to bondo the gay holes. someonehelp us :super:

Nospeed
12-10-2003, 10:42 AM
fiberglass isnt all that hard to work with, its just very time consuming. what do you plan on doing with the stuff?? bodywork?

when i was working on a fiberglass box for my trunk, it started with some tinfoil (to line the trunk so the fiberglass wouldnt stick), some cheesecloth (or you can use felt-for the fiberglass), and some fiberglass resin (comes in a square container at home depot-and already has the hardener). if you wanted to do some bodywork, i would talk to kicker_1_solo...he's really good at that crap.

the basic idea on fiberglass is to lay your cloth out...cover it with resin, let it cure, sand, do it again. then to get a really smooth surface, coat it with bondo, sand, do it again. then you are ready for paint. hope that helps.

any help guys? did i leave anything out?