PDA

View Full Version : I think someone is trying to mess with me

SteveDX89
12-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Yesterday morning when I was going to leave, I noticed someone had spit on my car. It was one those big snot rockets. I could tell because it had frozen on the window. I was pretty pissed but I couldn't do much because I don't know of anyone that lives in my apartment complex that would do that. Anyway, this morning when I went out, there was a Playboy magazine laying in the snow on the driver side. I don't know what's going on or if someone is trying to fuck with me or my car but I'm a little freaked. Should I get an alarm or just stakeout my car to try to find out who's doing it?

shepherd79
12-10-2003, 09:33 AM
try to stake out your car with a few buddies. that should scare who ever is doing this to you. if you won't see, get the alarm.

Sabz5150
12-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Frozen paintball gun. Nuff said.

k-roy
12-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Real gun, nuff said

Bloodlust
12-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Damn, i was gonna say stakeout on your roof with a paintball gun and shoot the little bastards when they come near your car. Or I would post an ad in the paper in like the thumbs up/down section and say that there are people doing stuff to cars in the area, but luckily you managed to get a picture of them and you will be turning it in to the police. Something along the lines of that. That should scare them away.

HostileJava
12-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Just tape a sign on your car windows on the inside that says "This car protected by crazy madd dood" :lol Unless your trying to justify buying an alarm system. In that case I say yes you definetly need one :D

Vinny
12-10-2003, 12:19 PM
an alarm really won't do much to prevent either of the things you mentioned. Shock or motion sensor won't pick up things like someone spitting on your car unless you have them adjusted so sensatively that a slight breeze sets them off. Then all you do is piss of the neighbors. Its probably just kids fucking around, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it unless they actually damaged your car. The other thing is what do you plan on doing if you do actually catch someone spitting on your car. Just a thought because crime and punishment don't always go hand in hand and could land you in more trouble than you bargained for

SteveDX89
12-10-2003, 03:45 PM
If I staked out the car, I'd have my cam and take pics for proof. Then I'd confront them about it. Nothing physical, just say what are you doing to my car? Then I'll tell them I've got a pic of them doing it and I'll turn it into police if anything else happens.

Don't some alarms come will a proximity sensor? If you get within a certain distance, it starts to chirp or goes off. I was looking at alarms today and I thought I saw that and a buddy of mine is getting one for his alarm but maybe he meant motion sensor. I'll eventually get an alarm once I've got some worthwile mods to the car. I just was hoping it could wait.

MrBen
12-10-2003, 04:15 PM
Well, I bought one of those alarms on ebay for 10 dollars. Just the one that hooks up to your battery in about 5 seconds. It's real easy to install and WORKS. When I open a door or trunk or jarr the car, the alarm goes off. They are on sale on ebay for 2 for 10 dollars. Called the Autokeeper. If you are looking for a cheap solution, this will work.

Bloodlust
12-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by SteveDX89
If I staked out the car, I'd have my cam and take pics for proof. Then I'd confront them about it. Nothing physical, just say what are you doing to my car? Then I'll tell them I've got a pic of them doing it and I'll turn it into police if anything else happens.

Hey you kind of took my advice :)

SteveDX89
12-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, last night nothing happened. I don't know if it's cause it was raining or it was just some kind of freak incident. I checked the car 3 times before I went to bed. We'll see what happens the next couple days.

zero.counter
12-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Ex-Girlfriend??? Did you drink all of your friend's beer and not replace? Park it close to your apartment where you can see it through the window.

SteveDX89
12-15-2003, 05:36 AM
My apartment is on the other side of the building. There is a parking lot on that side but there's a big ass hill so I'd only get to see the top of the car. Nothing has happened since the magazine incident so I think I'm ok. I did think the ex-girlfriend route but she knows not to do anything to my car or she'll get punched in the throat.

HostileJava
12-15-2003, 08:31 AM
I did think the ex-girlfriend route but she knows not to do anything to my car or she'll get punched in the throat.

Jeez Steve, you never struck me as particularly voilent. But I guess when it comes to your car...... :lol

SteveDX89
12-15-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by HostileJava
Jeez Steve, you never struck me as particularly voilent. But I guess when it comes to your car...... :lol

I'm not violent, only when it comes to her. I have a large amount of hate and digust toward her. Sometimes when I'm out, I wish she'd see me so she knows how much happier and better off I am without her.

zero.counter
12-16-2003, 07:46 PM
I'm not violent, only when it comes to her. I have a large amount of hate and digust toward her. Sometimes when I'm out, I wish she'd see me so she knows how much happier and better off I am without her.
Now I get it!

SteveDX89
12-16-2003, 07:55 PM
:huh: I'm not sure I get what you get.

zero.counter
12-16-2003, 08:33 PM
:huh: I'm not sure I get what you get.

I know the problem here is solved but my question is why put up with that crap from a woman? I know you love her and all but there's more important stuff in life than worrying about whether a simple innocent comment will send her off the handle. That "I love you", "Did you mean J. Lo", crap, wouldn't fly with me.

That's what I was talking about.

SteveDX89
12-18-2003, 06:45 PM
Ah, I see. Yes, bad experience have turned me sour, I guess. I'm just particularly picky now. The best looking girl ain't always the best. The girl I'm with right now is awesome. She doesn't try to control me. Doesn't get mad when I act like a guy. She's not drop dead gorgeous but she's sexy in her own way. Her body gets me fired up. :flash:

$mokenB'$
12-19-2003, 07:40 AM
maybe your tweeking about someone doing somthing to your car because i have accidently spit on many cars and most of them i dont know the person. the playboy was probably nothing and if somone wanted to fuck up your car an alarm wont help, if they are trying to steal it thats diffrent. because i could beat the shit out of a car in the middle of the night while the alarm is going off and no one will know for while, expecially in a appartment parking lot. but i think your tweeking its ok i do the same.