PDA

View Full Version : Help! Car stutters when accelerating/braking!

chessboxer
12-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Back with my girlfriends car problems once again, its been a while. Anyways, my girlfriend has an 89 accord lx and shes had this problem for a little while now. Sometimes when you take off, its like the car is really stuttering and not wanting to go. Its like the engine is shaking or something, it almost feels like the front end is bouncing kinda like when you burn out, but its when you barely press the gas. Also, when we stop sometimes, just before stopping completely, you feel a little surge in the rpms, like its shifting down a gear, but i dont think its that because were damn near stopped.
So, thats that, heres one thing though, i think i posted about this before and a lot of people said motor mounts. Well, we got the front one replaced as it was completely busted, but the guys who did it were friends of my dads and backwoods mechanics and used a really big one from some other car, and it just doesnt look like it fits right. So, the problem is there and i did my best to describe it. My dad thinks that its still got to do with the motor mount and that the engine is rocking up too much and kinda trying to make the transmission shift early or something like that. I have no ideas really, i think she needs to get the transmission fluid changed though, but i dunno if thats what would cause the problem.
Regardless, any suggestions or comments would be great, she hates driving her car now and we always take mine, and its a 93 accord with about 218k miles on it, so it doesnt need to be run to death. Thanks in advance guys.