PDA

View Full Version : These Tails Are Mint!!!

shane_lxi
12-10-2003, 07:09 PM
I was checking out rhe 'official nor cal meet' thread a while ago and I saw a the 'rice valley' pic. There is a white 3g with mint looking tails on it. When I saw it thought it was cool, but didn't want to do anything like taht to my car out of fear of being too ricey. But, the more I thrived on it, the more I realized that my car would just be like every other balck 3g in town with a small drop and wheels on it, and that the car needs something to make it more unique, and I am going to go with the tails! :)

Tell me how you think they will look on a black car, I think they look good on the white one, and that they will look even better on a white one. Well, here's the pic, tell me what you think.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/404000-404999/404252_34_full.jpg

OMG!!! THEY ARE SOOOOOOO MINT LOOKING!!!!

EDIT:
have plans.........

I checked at Kenworth, the semi truck place in town, and I can get the red disks for 4.50 a piece, and the chrome trim aound them comes with it, I will prbably get those painted black with the rest of the car though, and I have checked out my tail lights, and found the two spots that I could insert them so they would serve the funtion of all the lights in the tails, it will be nice! :D

blazin3gen
12-10-2003, 08:43 PM
what u talkin about meng the clear tails?

EDIT nevermind

MarioBurke
12-11-2003, 01:01 AM
oh you mean this car.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/436000-436999/436530_69_full.jpg

Yeah that tail light conversion on a black car would look sweeeeeet. I was gonna paint my black but now I am going to match it to the gun metal rims. by the way its PRIMER not white.

A20A1
12-11-2003, 01:30 AM
So whats the plan then? in your sig you say altezzas but now you want the round light conversion?

shepherd79
12-11-2003, 04:19 AM
i don't think he knows what he wants.

HostileJava
12-11-2003, 07:56 AM
I like the conversion I was thinking about doing it myself and I think it would look good on any color car really.

SteveDX89
12-11-2003, 08:17 AM
I think it would look better if the stock taillights were painted the same color as the car.

HaccordR89
12-11-2003, 07:39 PM
i like it but i think i would go with slightly smaller circles and probably two per section, instead of the huge circles. i'm really just going to paint them red when i get a chance though, i think the sort of stock but obviously not look is the best. i wish we had a red on bottom clear all along the top tail like the civic SI and preludes, that would be dope.

shane_lxi
12-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Mario, they looked good from far away, but when I see them up close.... THEY LOOK EVEN BETTER! I have to ask, how did you do it, I was just going to buy the tail lenses for a semi truck trailor, but I don't know if it would turn out that well, tell me how you did it, please! :bow:

ps:I DO know what I want, I did want altezzas, then I changed my mind, and just wanted to smoke them, to make a less ricey look, then I saw those, and the desire grew to a very healthy plump, and now, I just want those tails!!!! :flip:

MarioBurke
12-11-2003, 08:28 PM
well I had the stock tail lights matched to the body, but I didnt really like it. then again its just primer so i may look better when i paint it gun metal. I like how they look black too. you can try a smaller circle, but these are 4 in circles and the next smallest is the 2 inc and good luck cutting two holes in one tail light without cracking it. that was my second pair.

MarioBurke
12-11-2003, 08:39 PM
I used the 44 bulb LED tractor trailor lights. they are a bit more expensive. and I have an extra set of 4 REGULAR trailer lights that I started with. I also used the rubber grommets, not the metal ones. if I ever get around to shaving the trunk I might use the metal ones. go to the junk yard and get a spare set of tails and get a dremel with a side winder or cross cutting bit of some sort. make your circle to cut, with a sharpie and then just go really slow. the tails break pretty easy. and as far as wiring goes, thats a different story. i completely rewired everything!!!

shane_lxi
12-11-2003, 08:46 PM
I hope this isn't asking too much, but can you darw like a diagram, or show me a couple pics from different angles of the wiring, just something to give me the general I dea of what you have goin' on, and how long did it take you to make those anyhow?

BITESIZE
12-11-2003, 09:58 PM
I think the stock look, is way better. Those tailights look like a school bus. :(

MarioBurke
12-11-2003, 10:01 PM
lol, well there is no simple way to rewire that tail lights. the basic wiring diagram for the car has tail and brake lights and a SPERATE turn signal. the round tail lights are made to have all in one. splicing wires doesnt work so the only way it will work is if you have the outter lights as brakes and the inner lights as turn signals. or other way around. I took the main wiring harness and cut all the wires. i ran all new wires to the tails, trunk, back up lights, and speakers. when i will try to draw up something real simple so you can get an idea

shane_lxi
12-11-2003, 10:09 PM
Thank you, I AM a simpleton after all. lol. But yeah, just a drawing that a retard might understand, I would appreciate that, lol. Why did you have to cut ALL the wires, even the speaker wires. If you have one LED working as brakes, and one LED working as the blinker, what LED acts as the tail light for at night? Just some questions taht will probably annoy you. :)

MarioBurke
12-12-2003, 12:07 AM
No, I cut the wires becuase i rewired it like a corvette. all four lights are tail and stop, then when you turn the turn signals on, both lights on the left or right side blink. I cut all the wires, cause i was already running new wire for the speakers and it was easier to start fresh. thats of course considering you know what each wire is for.

ok here is the wiring diagram if you were to use the stock wiring
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/436000-436999/436530_74_full.jpg

this set up only allows you to have the outter brakes and inner turn signals. all four of the lights act at tail lights.

here is my diagram.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/436000-436999/436530_75_full.jpg
the box in the center is a trailer hit harness. it allows you to use all four tail lights AND brakes, then both tail lights on either side are turn signals. like the corvette is set up. hopefully that will hep you some.

SteveDX89
12-12-2003, 04:06 AM
That's the same thing I was thinking, Mario. Those trailer wiring converter kits or whatever they're called would work. That probably looks pretty sweet with the corvette look.

HOODY09_86
12-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Isn't rice valley right outside of the dalles oregon?

MarioBurke
12-14-2003, 09:42 PM
I like how it looks. hahaha as far as being behind me, most people cant see because the LEDs are sooo bright! yeah rice valley is some where near there