PDA

View Full Version : Sort Of Pimpin' Out My G-Ride. Suggestions Welcome, Yo.

AvsFan212333
12-10-2003, 09:42 PM
After I get my engine fixed....My Engine Problems (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26836) I'm going to do some body work and what not.

My bud just bought an awful '02 Focus. He wants to have a competition with me. So, in other words this isn't really serious.

I'm not looking to go all out here, meaning.....NOT lowering the car.....NO loud mufflers.....NO rear spoiler.....NO engine performance parts, or gold crowns to put on my dash. :D That's why I meant by "sort of", instead of totally pimping out the entire car. ;)

If this is any help, the exterior of the car is dark blue and the interior is blue also. All original, nothing has been repainted.

I've done some research and have come up with these prices from the following stores. If you know where to get any of this stuff cheaper, please let me know.

FOG LIGHTS - PIAA 1500 Series Fog Lights (http://www.imotorgear.com/product.asp?source=&dept%5Fid=150801&pf%5Fid=15071100P002) $180+. Of all the models I've seen, this one seems to be the best fitting one. A tad expensive though!

SHIFTER KNOB - One that is compatible withouth making any mods to it. That t-shaped one I bought didn't work, unless I was to drill holes. The shift knobs NEEDS to have 2 phillips screws on each side. Any ideas?

BODY KIT - Erebuni Body Kit (http://www.erebuni.net/ge/haccord86.htm) $608.00. (price was taken from NopiOnline).

DASH TRIM KIT - Auto Accessory Store Dash Kit (http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/home.asp?dir=model) $115.00-$155.00 (depending on what color and material).

Choose "Accord 86-89". I'm thinking about going with the "Carbon Fibre Black" material. My interior is blue. What do you guys think? Here is the Auto Accessory Store Dash Kit Layout (http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/chart/434-6.jpg)

FENDER TRIM - Fender Trim Kit (http://www.goldplated.com/iiindex.htm) $110.00 (Black color).

TIRES & RIMS - I'm looking for alloy rims. The biggest rims I'd go would be 15". I don't expect to get these anytime soon though. This alone could easily go over $800 for rims and tires. Any suggestions on where ti find cheap alloy rims???

PAINT - This will most likely have to wait as well. I'll go with a different dark shade of blue for the exterior. I'll keep the exterior trim and the fender trim black. I think that would look pretty sweeeeet.

Parts I've Replaced / Upgraded:

CENTER TAIL LIGHT HOUSINGS & LENSES Finally found a guy who could get me new ones. Oh joy!

SIDE TAIL LIGHT HOUSINGS & LENSES . Both new.

HEADLIGHTS - Sylvania Silverstars and they're great! Bright as hell and a very wiiiiiiiiiide beam.

FRONT TURN SIGNAL LAMP HOUSINGS - Both new. Big difference in clarity, but I just saw some clear ones on eBay! Doh.

LIGHT BULBS - Every bulb on my car is PIAA Xtreme White.

FLOOR MATS - Black.

CONSOLE ADD-ON - Bought that console piece which adds a tape storage thingy, under the cig lighter.

SOUND DEADENING - Installed FatMat eXtreme in the front doors. It wasn't as hard to install as I thought it would be. I plan to do the rear doors, dash and ceiling myself.

STEREO SYSTEM - Alpine CDA9813 deck, with Sony Xplod's in the front and Alpine SPS-170a's in the rear. I'm taking out the Sony's, putting the Alpine's in the front and getting some 6x9" Alpine's for the back. I don't need an external amp. The Alpine speakers and deck pump out enough power.

blazin3gen
12-10-2003, 10:02 PM
sounds like a good plan man!

kicker1_solo
12-10-2003, 10:09 PM
all cool cars have to be lowered

AvsFan212333
12-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Well, I can't yet. I need to lower my driveway first. It's just too high. I scrape the bottom almost every time pulling in and out.....wait.....that sounded wrong. :tongue:

SteveDX89
12-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by AvsFan212333
I scrape the bottom almost every time pulling in and out. :tongue:

Yeah, she's not supposed to use her teeth. :lol

HOODY09_86
12-14-2003, 09:29 PM
Shit i here ya on scrapen the driveway on the way in and out!

BITESIZE
12-14-2003, 09:31 PM
I have a red shifter knob, it's a nice one, don't need it anymore, how bout $20 shipped? It's a nokya.

Picture 2 of page 3 on my cardomain. Check it out.

MIK3
12-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by HOODY09_86
Shit i here ya on scrapen the driveway on the way in and out!

Heh. That's why you pull out of the drivway at an angle man...haha.

shepherd79
12-15-2003, 05:27 PM
if you want a cheap rim here:
http://www.pepboys.com/tires_wheels/wheels/index.html
i am getting the bottom one in gun metal color. they are $59 at pepboys.
i think fender trim will look like shit. i have seen it on 3g ones and i didn't like it.

k-roy
12-16-2003, 02:15 AM
Go for hood stripes.

AvsFan212333
12-16-2003, 05:14 PM
BITESIZE,

I'll have to pass on the red shifter knob man. I'd only be interested in a black or blue one. By the way, did you have to do any modifications to install it???

MIK3_DX_STYLE,

I knowwwwwww. I'm not that retarded, but she still scrapes and yes.....teeth hurt! .:D ;)

shepherd79,

Thanks for the link. I always try to avoid PepBoys because of their high prices, but those rims are dirt cheap. I just hope it's not a "you get what you pay for" thing.

Fender trim does look bad? I'll have to test with some black material to see how it looks.

kroy,

I might as well go all the way up the top and the back if I'm going to put some on the hood. Great idea man.

zero.counter
12-16-2003, 08:52 PM
I'll donate an SIR badge! ;)

HaccordR89
12-17-2003, 12:09 AM
check out what honda boy did...still don't know how to post a direct link to his thread..anyone can help??? it's in appearance i think the thread is covered the top of my doors with vinyl or something alone those lines..damn, i wish i knew how to post a thread directly..help me out :confused:

HaccordR89
12-18-2003, 08:50 PM
where you from avs fan??

AvsFan212333
12-18-2003, 08:58 PM
HaccordR89,

I'm in a Chicago suburb. I know a few people who live in Fort Collins. Pretty sweet place.

HaccordR89
12-20-2003, 01:51 AM
Nice, i like it but im moving to denver for school in june. you should pm me if you ever come visit.

AvsFan212333
12-20-2003, 01:34 PM
Chances are high that I won't be going to Colorado any time soon, because ever since Roy retired that pretty much killed my wanting to go back there. lol But, Colorado does have a ton of hot women.

HaccordR89
12-22-2003, 11:06 PM
yeah, i know i live in a town filled with supermodels. but just cause roy retired doesn't mean the avs don't kick ass and are going to suck now. they gonna take the cup again (knock on wood)

BITESIZE
12-22-2003, 11:09 PM
About the auto shift know, you don't have to do any outrageous mods to get it on. Just take the old one off and put the new one on. And if I were you, get a 5 speed shift boot from the wreckers and put it with the auto know.

AvsFan212333
12-23-2003, 04:41 PM
HaccordR89,

Oh, I know they don't suck now. Roy is the reason why I got into playing goalie and liking hockey, so it just feels weird not seeing him play.

BITESIZE,

I just bought a carbon fibre T-shaped shift knob. I'm not sure if I'd like a shift boot cover or not.

Admiral
12-24-2003, 10:58 PM
I always loved an accordian style shift boot. Interior accent lights can be fun if your tasteful about them (not too much, hard wired not cigarette plugin shit, and nifty well placed switches)

AvsFan212333
12-25-2003, 01:41 PM
Son of a.......

That new t-shaped shift knob I bought isn't compatible without modification. I'm not going to drill holes in the shifter shaft, or whatever it is you call it.

It had allen screws in a triangle formation at the bottom. My shift knob has 2 phillips screws, which are in a straight line. Argh!

Anyone want a shift knob? :)