PDA

View Full Version : Engine Uses Oil

Xulfiqar
12-11-2003, 04:26 AM
My engine is giving A spec compression (coz its newly built) with new pistons, valves, crank job and new carb, but its using oil, it only smokes blue when I gas it from idle - otherwise its sweet like new - its only done abt 7000 miles since the built.

When I drive hard - it doesnt smoke at all - even at 5500 rpm it wont smoke.. - I got clean oil dripping from the tailpipe, but the plugs are showing a nice extremely light tan colour with no deposits.

I need some help - this engine is going through oil faster than I go through gears.

Justin86
12-11-2003, 09:13 AM
So how did the compression check turn out. The only way I can think of unburnt oil comeing out the tail pipe is from leaking exhaust valve. That way the oil in the valve cover would able to get into the exhaust.

Vinny
12-11-2003, 09:35 AM
I'd take it back to where you had it rebuilt for a start. How in the world do you get oil comming out of a tailpipe?????? And CLEAN oil at that. Shouldn't it burn off from the heat of the exhaust gasses or it wouldn't it burn during the compustion process????????

Justin86
12-11-2003, 10:32 AM
That is what I can figure out is it burn it sometime but not allways. I would take it back and give them hell.

k-roy
12-11-2003, 11:58 AM
Since there is so much oil I am thinking it may be a bad head gasket (check for oil in the radiator) or bad valve stem seals in the head.

BMS
12-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kroy
Since there is so much oil I am thinking it may be a bad head gasket (check for oil in the radiator) or bad valve stem seals in the head.

If it were a bad head gasket it should steam and use coolant, not oil. And I don't see how the head gasket has anything to do with oil in the exhaust anyway.