PDA

View Full Version : my radiator!!!!!!!!!!

accordlxi2.0
12-11-2003, 07:13 AM
:mad:
my brother said i was my pgm light came on. would go off sometime's then come back on.
so i checked the coolant and it was low!?
so i ran the car this morning and it was leaking.
at first it seem's like it was on the bottom hose.
and also the round rubber part too.
i think it's the radiator, so i won't have any money till chrismas eve.
will it hold off till then?
plus (if this is the problem) does the tran coolin line run into the radiator?
i see a brown bar in front and i'm assuming that it.

thegreatdane
12-11-2003, 08:26 AM
If it's the radiator and it's not leaking too much you can try and put in some of that additive that stops leaks in the coolingsystem.

danronian
12-11-2003, 10:47 AM
If you have a hole in the hose it will probably blow open soon and leave you stranded. Just keep some good duct tape in the car and a gallon of water to get you home if it happens before you can replace the hose (these are two things I always have in my car since it has all original hoses that will have to go sometime). Just dry off the rubber hose and the surrounding area, and then run it and look underneath to see where the leak is coming from. It could be from a corroded radiator, and then you would have to get it repaired or replaced. But look like I said before buying anything, or worrying to much about it.

I believe the pgm light is a unrelated problem. But to check that just look under the driver's seat at the ECU led and see how many blinks it gives you while the car is running. It will probably have a code since the dash light was on. Then just reference that to the lists of ecu codes in the EFI section.

I wouldn't recommend additive b/c it costs almost as much as a hose, and can clog an old corroded radiator. That stuff usually works best on seeps that are very minor, it doesnt usually work well on wet leaks that leave a noticable difference in the coolant level. Just from my experience with it at least.

Justin86
12-11-2003, 10:58 AM
duct tape does work pretty good for a temparory leak stopped you just need to find it.

accordlxi2.0
12-11-2003, 01:23 PM
it flashed six time's.
told em to take his today.
refilled it the bottom hose was kinda loose, no holes. but it leaks very little now.
i heard about bar's leaks on this site that it work for this person but i can't get throught the search.
i used some prestone stuff on my cougar and it stopped.

Mac
12-11-2003, 02:14 PM
6 flashes is the code for the coolant temperature sensor circuit. Remove fuse 11 (Clock) under the hood in the relay/fuse box for at least 10 seconds to reset the ESU. Then see if the light goes out and no more flashes on the ECU.

accordlxi2.0
12-11-2003, 08:09 PM
i did'nt do that, he turned it off, i put some more coolant in, restarted it, and i did'nt come back on.
i used some bar's leak and it seemed to work.
i noticed though when on the highway the temp goes down ,it is cold though.
but today the temp did'nt go too that regular spot.
plus i noticed the converter don't engage till the engine is warm.
it kept locking, un locking till i put the cruise on.