PDA

View Full Version : Gasket Sealer Applied to What?

it's paid for
12-11-2003, 11:21 AM
. . . I know I'm supposed to apply the blue silicone gasket sealer to the water pump gasket . . . but, where else does this stuff go?

. . . the machinist told me not to apply any sealer to the head gasket . . . to torque the bolts in the right order, wait 30 minutes and torque them again . . . easy enough . . . does the same go for the exhaust/intake manifold gasket (mine are together in one gasket)? What about other gaskets like the carburetor to intake manifold & other gaskets? Which ones should have gasket sealer applied to them & what type of gasket sealer should I be using?

Thanks,

IPF

k-roy
12-11-2003, 11:48 AM
I like to use Napa High Tack Spray a Gasket Sealant.
Its in a blue can and it is for metal gaskets only and bolts only, like the head gasket. It is red and sticky. You just spray it on, smoke a cigarette and its redy to install.

NXRacer
12-11-2003, 12:30 PM
i dont think you need any gasket sealer for the headgasket, intake/exhaust. but you'll need it for the carb and water pump. Make sure when you're putting it on the water pump that you only use a little bit and make sure non gets into the chamber where the water is because it can cause problems to your cooling system.

88LXi68
12-11-2003, 12:56 PM
Do not use any gasket sealer on your head gasket. The only gasket sealer I would use is Hondabond, for the water pump, and the pipe off the head that coolant goes into if it removes like the B Series.

shepherd79
12-11-2003, 01:52 PM
actually, you don't even need gasket sealer for water pump. you supposed to replace the o-ring on the water pump everytime you remove it, same comes to water pipe that goes from water pump. it has o-ring. I would only recomend Honda o-rings, unless you can get aftermarket part that OEM designed.

NXRacer
12-11-2003, 02:59 PM
i just replaced a water pump on my sisters 2g and the instructions said to apply a little on the gasket.......