PDA

View Full Version : SE-i Seats and armrest....from Junkyard

89accordlxi
06-28-2002, 05:03 PM
Just got these seats and installed them last night. They are in nearly perfect shape. Just a tiny tear on the driver's seat. The arm rest is also in great shape. The cup holder still works too..
I cleaned the seats pretty well but I still notice that the creases are still dirty. So I will need to take some time and clean them real good. Then I will need to use some kind of lotion on them to keep them looking good..

Just thought I'd share

Peace out.

http://www.geocities.com/tvouthilak/images/seats.gif

Whitie824
06-28-2002, 11:36 PM
How much did u pay 4 the seats because I want to do the same thing??

89AccordNate
06-29-2002, 07:46 AM
Damn, that is one lucky find. I am yet to see a set of 3rd gen seats in leather in that good of condition. What did you pay for them and the armrest? I still cant believe they look that damn good.

Nate.

marc49
06-29-2002, 08:35 AM
man, those look brand new in that picture. That was truly a rare find. The owners of the car you took them out of must have known how to take care of leather seats, that's for sure.

accordlx
06-29-2002, 12:10 PM
I agree. I have never seen SE-i seats in that good of condition on a car NOT in the junkyard. Im sure that if you ever got short of cash, someone would pay a small fortune to buy those off of you. Probably even more than a used SE-i itself would cost. How much did you pay? If you say something like $50, I am going to cry...

89accordlxi
06-29-2002, 01:04 PM
Hey thanks for the comments...
It all started out as a quest for the ever popular and rare armrest. After many, many months of searching, I finally found a yard that had an SE-i. So I thought to myself, woo hoo!!!But having no idea what color it would be or anything, I was just happy to finally find one. When I went to the yard to look at it, to my amazment:eek: it was actually the same color as everything in my car...Once again,woo hoo!!! So in all of my excitement for the center armrest, I barely even noticed the seats... They were all covered with dust and dirt and looked very filthy...So I just ended up getting the armrest.
The next day I called the guy up and asked how much he would want for the seats. He had them marked as $250.. I thought to myself, I'm not going to pay $250 for those old things..So he says, Ok, since they are old and I want to get rid of them he says how 'bout $150:D Without hesitation I said O.K. I thought $150 was an OK price for them but little did I know what was waiting for me under all that dirt.. I got them home and started wiping them off and vacuumed all the dirt out of the creases and to my amazment, they turned out to be practically bran new with only that one little tear that you can hardly see on the driver's seat..
So for $150 I think I got one heck of a DEAL!!
And Like I said before, the center arm rest is also in practically mint condition.. I got the whole center arm rest console including cup holder for $75 for a grand total of $225. Not too bad in my book..

I'm also thinking about going back and getting the rear disk to do the conversion but they are asking over $200 for the whole set up. Does that sound reasonable???

Sorry for such a long answer to a simple question...

later y'all

Bobs89LXi
06-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Sweet. I'd say that's not a bad deal at all.

Jerren
06-29-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Bobs89LXi
Sweet. I'd say that's not a bad deal at all.

umm its not? sounds kind of steep for some junkyard stuff. you can buy the car for $200 around here. maybe i'm exagerating but that is to damn much for the center console i think. the seats too.

guaynabo89
06-29-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 89accordlxi

I'm also thinking about going back and getting the rear disk to do the conversion but they are asking over $200 for the whole set up. Does that sound reasonable???

later y'all

Thats about normal from the junkyard. You want to make sure that includes the e-brake cables, master cylinder, and brake proprtionong valve.

Why don't you get the door panels too and make it complete?

accordlx
06-29-2002, 08:09 PM
$150 is not unreasonable for a set of leather seats in that condition. I would have given him the $250 and sold them on Ebay for $400. Not a bad profit for removing 8 bolts.

89accordlxi
06-29-2002, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I thought about just selling them for a profit... But I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to put them in my car. My old seats were pretty worn out and had cigarette burns on them from the previous owner. So even if I sold the SE-i seats, I would still had to buy some seats for my car and I don't think I could get any thing better for the price I paid for these. If it turns out that I don't like the leather, then Yeah, I will sell them. But for now, I am very happy with them..

"That's all I'v got to say about that"....(Forest Gump)

Peace.

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Wow....those things look perfect! I've never seen SE-i leather in that good of shape before. I'd say it's definitely worth the $150 you paid. That's cool that the color already matches...it looks great!

If you've got the cash, I'd jump on those rear discs too. $200 sounds pretty good. If you weren't gonna get them and I had some cash, I'd come out there and get them myself, but I'm broke :(

:)

staticpat
06-29-2002, 09:09 PM
should just buy the whole car. in the end it will be alot cheaper for everything you want, and you have so much spare parts for anything. im sure you could even sell stuff on here for profit.

YK86
06-30-2002, 12:45 AM
Those are nice!!!!!!!! You are one lucky guy. $150 was a steal. Leather seats in okay shape go for $250 around here. Mint ones are like $400 but then again, they are hard to find.

ACCORD EX
06-30-2002, 02:34 PM
i can't believe they have been used before !

MIKE