PDA

View Full Version : How stiff should I adjust the Koni's?

thegreatdane
12-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Excactly. My springs are probably just a little stiffer than stock. I dont now the spring rates of them though, because they were actually ment for the stock struts so I didnt care so much, they just had to be a little soft. Anyone with some good advice? :)

cdscowboy
12-12-2003, 02:33 PM
I think Jim had said a while back that it'd be best to do one turn on them. I kinda wish I'd done 1.5 in back though. Try it out! :)

thegreatdane
12-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Thanks. I'll try with something around those numbers. It would be a bitch having to take them off again once theyre installed :lol:

doug
12-14-2003, 03:05 AM
the actual adjustment depends on which spring I would guess, I just know that I read somewhere that koni says do not do full stiff.

Gregg86DX
12-14-2003, 09:52 AM
With my H&R springs, I did one turn on the front (the rears are Tokico :( )

Seems to work good for me.

Gregg

ICEMAN707
12-19-2003, 05:29 PM
lol maybe i should have done one full turn also. i have my konis at full turns all around on sprint 2.25" springs. very stiff ride indeed. it's like driving a race car. lol. they easily overpower the weight of the car. and i have a sedan, so that says alot. i advice maybe going no more than one turn if you have a hatch. anyways, one of these days i'll turn them softer a bit. just a pain they didnt build these things to be externally adjustable. but for now i'm used to the stiff ride since i'm rolling on 18's.