PDA

View Full Version : inner tie rod ends.

TJ89Accord
12-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Anyone ever do these? I gotta do them on the Civic I just got. I thought it needed the outers, but no, that would have been much too easy... I ordered the inner, it will be here tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated. The outers are very very easy to do, so the inners are probably gonna be a pain in the ass.

Thanks.

oh its for a 92 Civic DX. I'm sure they are very similar to the 3g though.

tim

BoredRec
12-12-2003, 06:06 PM
Make sure you get the lock washer thingys with them! If you don't you will be very pissed, cuz I don't think Honda usually stocks those in their parts department, and you'll more than likely shear off the tabs when replacing the inner tie rod ends.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-13-2003, 11:04 AM
I did both inner and outer tie rods on both sides of my car like 2 weeks ago. I suggest you buy a set of crowsfeet wrenches to put on your ratchet b/c that's the easiest way to remove that inner nut. I had to bend back a washer b/c normally they will bent in around the nut on 1 or 2 sides just so it won't move. But I go the bend out with a hammer and a small cold chissel. And then used the crowfoot wrench to get the nut off and the inner rod just came out. Then you just put it back on and don't forget to put at least one bend in the washer if it doesn't already come bent.

TJ89Accord
12-13-2003, 12:22 PM
I did it today, I got the inner off with an adjustable cresent wrench. Really frustrating at first, but I managed. I only did one inner because that was the only thing that was bad in the first place. I did both outers, but thats cause i like to waste money... I did the brake pads today too, there was like no pad left on them lol. I tried to do the exhaust, but the damn bolts wont come off. grrrrrrrrrr.

tim

Mike's89AccordLX
12-13-2003, 06:27 PM
Good job! Those exhaust bolts almost always need to be torched or cut off. At least every honda I have done that to it needed it.

TJ89Accord
12-13-2003, 06:55 PM
Well, I'm gonna find a shop to give it an alignment on Monday, so I think I'll just have them throw the muffler on too. And I need to get a plug in a tire too. Then I will be all set, hopefully. I fucked up the alignment pretty bad lol, but that's to be expected. I can't wait to get it aligned. At least it doesn't clunk around anymore.

tim

TJ89Accord
12-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Yay I got it aligned today and it drives SOOOOOOOOO much better. Now I gotta play with the muffler. Any ideas on how to get the spring bolts off? Ill probably just break them and get new ones...

tim