PDA

View Full Version : got a batery relocate ?tion

bertoaccord89
12-12-2003, 01:37 PM
want to put a battery in trunk . i know i need a sealed type battery. just dont know how to wire up the ground .do i run to the front of the 3g or can bolt it down in trunk any suggestion . thanks

RobT5580
12-14-2003, 09:11 AM
I personally would run one up front but it is going to be a problem getting two cables run through the same area. I have my grounded in the trunk near the tail lights but once in awhile i pick up alternator noise. I would highly recommend a yellow top optima battery i just replaced mine after 4-5years on the old one.

bertoaccord89
12-14-2003, 05:13 PM
thanks for the input .cause i made a intake and it wont fit right unless i relocate the battery. ijust didnt wnow if i could ground in the trunk thanks .

HostileJava
12-15-2003, 08:34 AM
Yup grounding in the trunk is not a problem. I just sanded the paint off of one of the tailight or bumper bolts(i don't remember wich) on the inside and hooked the ground in there. However it got moist in the trunk and some rust was developing so I just put some electric grease around the whole thing and that solved the problem.

POS carb
12-15-2003, 01:16 PM
Ground it in the trunk, the whole car is a ground so it doesn't matter, you have to make a ground post for the starter though and the original ground wire. I went to home depot and bought some silver terminal blocks that hold 4 gauge wire. I put one up front for the starter (by where the coil was) and the one in the trunk is hooked up to the bolts below the tail light (the big ones, not the little ones that hold the light.) Make sure you scrape off the paint below the grounds.
I also have a standard battery. To hell with conventional hookups! :flipa:

I have a 4 gauge power wire running to the front with a 100 amp breaker and then the audio system runs off the side posts of the battery.

bertoaccord89
12-23-2003, 09:07 AM
do you have pics of your setup. ineed to get a better idea of the silver terminal blocks

mykwikcoupe
12-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Dont know if it will work but i would recommend going to the junkyard and getting a set of battery terminal from a newer dodge intrepid or 300m or whatever. They have the battery under the rear seat so they put plastic covered terminals attatched to the strut towers. Id try to find some of those. I think the jaguars had a setup like that also