PDA

View Full Version : General Tech?

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
05-01-2002, 09:13 PM
Maybe we should have a section for "General Tech" because where do you post if you have a general technical question that is not specific to either the Carbed or Fuel Injected cars? If you want maximum exposure for your post you'd have to post in both forums. :-/

Erika

A20A1
05-01-2002, 11:27 PM
I agree,

,,,,,,, oh hey there are more smilies now!

ACCORD EX
05-01-2002, 11:50 PM
i think the old way was better ! the technical section ! not carb techs and efi techs ! ?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MIKE

87accordlxi
05-02-2002, 06:36 AM
if you have a general tech question, then ask it in the tech forum that still pertains to your car. for example, if you have an LXi and have a question about the water pump, then still ask it in the EFI forum. the reason we did this was to seperate all carb questions from EFi questions, so its easier for someone to sort through them and find relevant info for their car, no matter whats wrong with it.

SteveDX89
05-02-2002, 09:39 AM
The only problem is a someone who has a carb and knows the answer to an efi question because it's universal might not answer because he might not even bother checking in the efi section. Just a thought.

Jdub07
05-02-2002, 09:44 AM
ummm I myself check them both all the time. Even though I am carbed you never know what you can learn or contribute. Besides its better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!:poke:

ACCORD EX
05-02-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by SteveDX89
The only problem is a someone who has a carb and knows the answer to an efi question because it's universal might not answer because he might not even bother checking in the efi section. Just a thought.

you 're reading my mind man ! ;)

MIKE

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
05-02-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by SteveDX89

Exactly... and when people realize this... they are all going to have to start posting their questions in BOTH forums. Pain in the a*s and waste of bandwidth IMHO.

Erika

87accordlxi
05-02-2002, 12:10 PM
if you have a carb car, ask your question in the carb forum. there is absolutely no need to post the same thing in both forums. the vast majority of people on this board check out all the forums, so there will be no lack of exposure. we try to make this as user friendly to newbies so that they can find info on their car more easily. if everyhting is thrown together in a general tech forum, then it will be much harder to sift through the info.

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
05-02-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
if you have a carb car, ask your question in the carb forum. there is absolutely no need to post the same thing in both forums. the vast majority of people on this board check out all the forums, so there will be no lack of exposure. we try to make this as user friendly to newbies so that they can find info on their car more easily. if everyhting is thrown together in a general tech forum, then it will be much harder to sift through the info.

BUT... such a small percentage of questions are actually specific to a carbed or EFI car. Everything was fine as it was before. A simple statement in the subject line as to which type of vehicle you have (on relevant questions, of course) accomplishes the same objective much more simply.

Erika

87accordlxi
05-02-2002, 02:20 PM
either way, it doesnt matter to me. i was just explaining why it was organized this way. if you look in each forum, nearly every thread is pertaining to the forum it is in, whether it be EFI or Carb. its always a good idea to keep the forums as trim as possible, without superfluous sections that get no use. but it was believed that seperate carb and EFI sections would make it easier to find what youre looking for, and i still believe that. we're still in the early stages of the new board of course, and i'd venture to guess that anything is subject to change. a general tech forum is not something outside of the range of possibility. but in any case, thats not up to me

ACCORD EX
05-02-2002, 02:39 PM
in my opinion ! MORE FORUMS = MORE CONFUSING ! :rolleyes:

:)

MIKE

SteveDX89
05-02-2002, 04:09 PM
Perhaps you could convince you're higher ups for 3 forums, one for carb, one for efi, and one for general or universal in the event it's something that pertains to both versions of our beloved 3 geez.

marc49
05-02-2002, 07:15 PM
hows that?

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
05-02-2002, 11:46 PM
THANKS MARC49!... that's MUCH better! I think this will work out nicely.

Erika