PDA

View Full Version : to shave, or not to shave.....

shane_lxi
12-14-2003, 02:18 AM
I am aproaching the day that I will have to start work on my car to make it metamorphosize into a better car. I plan to get all my parts, the components for my body kit, my front end pieces, the windshield, and the four 4 inch 44 bulb LED lights for the tails. I am going to have the car in the garage for like a week or two, and get rides from my mom to school and work for a while. But an important question still lingers. Should I shave off the antenna, side molding, and other stuff, or should I just paint over it. I have seen cars taht have done it both ways, and I really can't decide which I like more. I don't use the antenna, so I have no problem shaving it off, and I will probably do that no matter what, but about the side molding, I can't decide. Another thing it the door handles. My sister's boyfriend scott has a '97 civic hatch, he chved the handles off, and uses a three button remote to pop open the doors and get in, and the car looks mint when it is completely flat like that, but I don't know if I want to do taht even. I need the help of my fellow 3g owners to decide!!!

PS: The 4 door handleless entry unit costs about $300 with 2 remotes, so I son't know about that...

cdscowboy
12-14-2003, 03:37 AM
If it's possible, go all out and get everything shaved. If not, do the antenna and the moldings. Last resort just do the antenna :)

3G Jester
12-14-2003, 08:53 AM
shave it like a wet puu.....um. beard.

kicker1_solo
12-14-2003, 03:53 PM
I like it wet and shaved :D

89accord_lxi_coupe
12-15-2003, 12:41 PM
definetely shave the antenna. the moldings can look good if they are touched up, that's of course if they are fading. what color is it right now? on some colors the molding looks aight. the doorhandles should be done if you are willing to buy the kit. quick question to the other guys. right around the handle is where the hole is that they put it in. there is a line there, can you fill that and make it a little cleaner? doing this opposed to shaving the entire handle. that could look nice.

pearldrop
12-15-2003, 01:16 PM
Go nice and smooth. Nothing else will make the car look cleaner and newer.
Look on Ebay for the SPAL kit. It is only $100 and works great. Just make sure it has 35 pound solenoids.
http://geocities.com/caddy20s/wagona3.txt

SteveDX89
12-16-2003, 04:12 PM
For show, shaved is the way to go. Functionality, prob not. Check with other people on various boards about everyday use with shaved door handles and such. They'd know more of what you want to know.

blazin3gen
12-16-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by kicker1_solo
I like it wet and shaved :D

:werd: :D

PortugalFocus
12-16-2003, 04:37 PM
wet and shaved is the only way

kicker1_solo
12-16-2003, 05:31 PM
well guess what shane, you get the R34 bumper with it and possibly a black widow (brand new) rear bumper with it. I'll throw in a second trunk lid so you can shave that if you want since the one on it is crap. I say shave the side moldings and leave the door handles in. :)

shane_lxi
12-18-2003, 06:38 PM
HOLY JUNK PEARL DROP!!!!!!!!!
THAT CAR HAS MY WHEELS ON IT!!!!! The same exact wheels!
That yers? Looks like a wagon or something, or, AN AERODECK!!!! Serisouly though, taht couldn't be a hatch, it has normal tails, what it it though?

SteveDX89
12-18-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by shane_lxi
HOLY JUNK PEARL DROP!!!!!!!!!
THAT CAR HAS MY WHEELS ON IT!!!!! The same exact wheels!
That yers? Looks like a wagon or something, or, AN AERODECK!!!! Serisouly though, taht couldn't be a hatch, it has normal tails, what it it though?

It's right under his avatar man. 91 Accord Wagon. It is pretty sweet lookin. :)

shane_lxi
12-18-2003, 08:34 PM
lol. Yeah, I saw that right after I made the post. From what I saw, it looked pretty sweet!