PDA

View Full Version : front camber measurement

doug
12-14-2003, 03:02 AM
hey everybody, hope your 3g problems are not too bad. I had all four wheels balance today and then rotated and then aligned. I have coilovers with I think close to just below an inch to 1.5 inches drop. Shop says normal front camber both sides is -1.0 degree to +1.0 degree. I'e got -1.6 degree both sides. There has been no bad wear on either of the tires over the 6 months or so that the new konis/skunk2 coilover set up was installed. My question is, how far out can the negative camber get before I'll need the prelude upper contro arms to try to adjust it back towards acceptable specs. Is being out by -0.6 degrees each side that great of a concern. Thanks for any info on this. I;m gona drop it about an inch moore in Jan and I know I'll have to deal with it then. How much adjustment to those prelude arms provide? Thanks... doug

shepherd79
12-14-2003, 05:16 AM
prelude arms provide great adjustment. i got mine back to normal.
i would highly recoment. even the tires are not wearing out, i think you should get them.

AZmike
12-14-2003, 02:39 PM
If you're sure that your tires are wearing evenly then its fine as-is. The extra camber will improve your corning grip somewhat at the expense of your braking and accelerating grip.

doug
12-14-2003, 09:10 PM
the tire wear has been remarkable to me considering just how hard I intentionally corner, not only wide arc cornering, like coming off i-I95 exit ramps that have fairly tight loops at 65-70mph, but I also intentionally just take 90 degree corner turns at pretty fast speeds just to experience the feeling and get an idea of what this thing can do. And in the six months I've been doing this (maybe 15,000 miles) the tread wear is pretty much even across the tire, there is no wear inside or outside that is deeper than center, it's like even. It's gonna be interesting to see what changes with the rotate,balance, and alignment, it may be all fricked up now, I'll now this week for sure. Job has been keeeping me too damn occuppied so if I don't get back soon just wanna say thanks to all on the board, even the ones I managed to piss off, cause everyone of you have been a big help. Have yourself safe and great holidays and a good new years party god willing I'll see Ya next year. Doug