PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT ::: Tail Light Wiring

Glowin Smurff
12-14-2003, 02:52 PM
I know some of the people here on 3Geez have modified there tail-light set ups, and have rewired from the fuse panel back, i'm having a problem in my 89 Accord LX where the brake lights work but the tail lamps no longer light up, and neither do the cluster lights and instrument lights....had it into 1 place and they popped a fuse in and the thing worked again but once i pulled it out and went to work, the damn thing went out, and so i replaced the fuse again and then it just kept blowing the fuses again....so i was thinking about hardwiring the taillamps to the battery, of course w/ inline fuse and seperate toggle unless someone has another idea of how i could fix this w/o ripping the cluster out and checking all the wiring..... any help would be greatly appreciated

BoredRec
12-14-2003, 05:08 PM
...OR firgure out why the fuse is popping. I know that sounds like no fun, but you might as well throw the car away if you start ghetto-rigging it like this. This may sound tediouse, but remove every bulb in that circuit (the parking light circuit). See if that causes the fuse to blow. If it doesn't blow then it's on the ground side of one of those lights, just got to start plugging them in till you find it. That's one way to start looking for the short. No guarantee's that method will work, but unless you want to take the car to a shop, you gotta start somewhere.