PDA

View Full Version : Can You ID These O Rings?

it's paid for
12-15-2003, 03:58 AM
. . . my guess is "E" probably goes around the distributor shaft . . . as for the others . . . I'm clueless . . . any help would be most appreciated . . .

. . . happy Honda-ing,

IPF

http://www.bloomyourbusiness.com/honda/gasket_what_goes_where_01.jpg

shepherd79
12-15-2003, 04:51 AM
E does look like the one around the distributor shaft.
A should be for the carburator. it is between carb and intake manifold.
i am not sure about the rest of them.

joker2
12-15-2003, 07:03 AM
Are those from a gaskit kit??? Because if so, I think that "D" is for the outside edge of your water pump..... "B" looks like the gaskit for were the header and the down pipe connect..... "H" may be for the ends of the power steering and AC connections but these are all just guesses but they do look around that size.... :flash:

it's paid for
12-15-2003, 07:21 AM
Are those from a gaskit kit???
. . . yeah . . . a top end gasket set . . .

. . . I just figured why I need two carburetor gaskets - one above and one below the heat shield . . . I'm soooo stupid . . . duh!

. . . my water pump came with a gasket . . . so . . . I guess I don't need that one . . . at least for now, eh?

Thanks,

IPF

BootMachine
12-15-2003, 09:46 AM
Take the engine apart....remove the o-rings one at a time and compare them with the new ones!

k-roy
12-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Water pump, oil pump, distributor, carb, does the carb come apart in multiple sections?

joker2
12-15-2003, 12:30 PM
My bad, I meant to say oil pump for "D" and not water pump....:D And "A" is not for a water pump because I have that same gaskit that came with my kit and till this day I don't know were it goes..... But I'm starting to think that when they do these kits that they put in gaskits for carb and FI cars, just in case to cover their asses!!!:rolleyes:

it's paid for
12-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Take the engine apart....remove the o-rings one at a time and compare them with the new ones!
:lol

POS carb
12-15-2003, 01:01 PM
A is carb heater gasket, B is header collector, C or D is probably the water pump,

Justin86
12-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Well then which one is for the cam seal on the head???