PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for the appearance section

Dibbs
12-15-2003, 02:44 PM
I would like to see a thread similar to the one that Kicker started about body kits in the Appearance section made as a sticky.

IMO I would like to see

what kits do work w/ no modification
what kits od work w/ some modification
what kits need a lot of modification or can't be done

Seeing some general size dimentions for the 2dr, hatch and 4dr for reference purposes wouldn't hurt either IMO.

I think the Pics Kicker and everyone else included are very helpful as well.

I think this will drastically cut down on what I think of as the most common question repeated in the Appearance section.

Feel free to express your thoughts as well.

NXRacer
12-15-2003, 08:54 PM
i think thats what kicker was trying to accomplish when he posted that up.

For the n00bs sake it would be good to post up what body kits just wont fit although thats not necessarily true because any body kit can fit with imagination. With all the retarded noobs coming along these days, they'd probably look right past it and ask away anyway.

Dibbs
12-16-2003, 06:43 AM
Oh yeah....I'm positive that's what Kicker was trying to accomplish by posting that thread.

I think you're on the right track with saying which one's won't fit. A thread like this would help for those with an inability to search posts creatively. Sometimes the search doesn't answer the newb's question either so a more clear, consice list of what does and does not work well is needed IMO.

87accordlxi
12-16-2003, 06:59 AM
I like the idea, but it seems to me that as soon as people start contributing and giving good hard facts about what will fit and what wont, there will be side conversations started that will just clutter up the thread. Look at the King of the Track (Racing Stories) and Floss Your 3Gee (Accord Pics) threads. There's more bullshitting going on rather than actual information. It's already happening in Kicker's thread.

Dibbs
12-16-2003, 07:39 AM
That's why I would support a closed sticky thread that has what will work easy and what takes some modification and what just not really worth the time and effort. Maybe something similar to Jim's thread about lowering your car.

k-roy
12-16-2003, 07:51 AM
That is a great idea Dibbs. A closed sticky with only valid posts being added can answer countless questions. Sean's turbo thread has a sticky, and thats the #2 asked question. But still noobs rarely search, even though its impossible at the current moment. Hell Kicker's thread was at the top of the appearence section and a noob still posted a question.

Dibbs
12-16-2003, 07:55 AM
Oh yeah, it won't eliminate it but I think it would help cutdown the sheer amount of threads that invade the appearance section. It's been bad lately too. Seems like you see one a day. And yes, a closed sticky thread that could be updated only when valid additions are presented was exactly what I had in mind.