PDA

View Full Version : 6x9 mounting problems

Mystic1
12-15-2003, 02:50 PM
The previous owner of my 3g replaced the rear speakers and now there is only one for some reason s/he never instaled the second. I am missing the mounting ring that bolts onto the rear dash and holds the speaker cover in place with the 6x9 in the middle of the whole setup. I have the speaker cover but not the botom half of the assembly

Is there somewhere I can order one, or a way I can get away without it all together. I went to the local junkyard and none of the cars even close to mine have what I need. (but I did get some nice ideas for a later time)

shepherd79
12-15-2003, 03:09 PM
you should have just picked up any set of 6X9. you can paint them to fit.
i know junk yards around here have them.

HostileJava
12-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Hmmmm, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. From what I remember when I installed mine the bottom part of it (which is what I think your refering to) is actually part of the bottom of the rear deck supports. I could be wrong though. Could you elaborate or post pictures of what you mean.

Mystic1
12-15-2003, 07:09 PM
I did take several pics. I'm not sure how to upload them here thoe. I will add them to my cardomain site now.

[[Update] the pics are up just click the link in my sig]

To get a little more detailed:
If you look from the backside of the speaker(trunk) there are 3 bolts holding down the mounting ring for the 6x9. The bolts seem to go up the sides of the speaker and then into the speaker cover and tighten to hold every thing tight to the back dash. This plastic ring is the part I am in need of.

At first I thought that this was just the standard mount that came with most aftermarket speakers but now I see that I was mistaken.

Hope this clears things up a bit

shepherd79
12-16-2003, 04:35 AM
yeah you are missing hole speaker holder.
go to junk yard and pick one up. any 3G 6x9 speaker holder will fit.

Mystic1
12-16-2003, 10:20 AM
I went to the local one and there was nothing that would work. They only had 2 3g Accords. I also checked the 1 civic and 2 'luds that where on site and found nothing that would work. I have one more place to check. A pick and pull in Redding that will hand deliver the part to my door for free. The only problem on the one day that they will do it I am at work at the only time that they come by. I am going to try and make arangements with my boss to have it delivered there first.

What do you think a fair price for one would be? and is there any differance between the left and right sides or do I need to specificly get the drivers side holder?

shepherd79
12-16-2003, 12:29 PM
there should be no diff.
i would say $10 for the speaker holder should be a good price.