PDA

View Full Version : The middle vent switch mystery sovled...

'89AccordLX(Rus)
12-15-2003, 04:31 PM
Hello everyone!

Most 3G Accords come with a peculiar switch in between the two center vents that features two positions. On my car, I thought that switch didn't even work, I was wrong. Now for those who are interested in using this ingenious feature, here is how it works. The switch will send cold air through the center vent only when your A/C is in HI-LO, HEAT, or H/DEF mode. in HI-LO, the airflow becomes considerably colder when switched. On HEAT, only the center vents receive air(cold), and in H/DEF a similar thing happens. So there, the switch mystery is solved!

P.S.: I don't think anyone posted regarding this topic, so I decided to share my dicovery. :D

johndej
12-15-2003, 06:32 PM
yeah, thats stated in the owners manual if i'm not mistaken.

1988starter
12-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Yea there have been a few posts on this subject

accordlxi2.0
12-15-2003, 07:53 PM
i thinking more about the drive/passenger side vent's.
why they are blowing air at all selection's.
heat = goes to bottom's, side vent still blowing air.
hi-lo = goes to vent and bottoms.
def = goes to up, and side vent's.
is THAT normal???

'A20A3'
12-16-2003, 09:47 AM
to the best of my knowledge that switch's function is to allow cold air flow on your face, while allowing the rest of the car to be heated. it helps in the winter time at least for me. my heat is so powerful it dries my eyes out!

DBMaster
12-16-2003, 11:54 AM
This has been one of my favorite little features on this car for the last 14 years! I wish they still had it.

Immeraufdemhund
12-16-2003, 07:11 PM
yah that's in the manuel. I remember looking that up cause i thought that switch was just honda skrewing with my head... i was like STUPID HONDA! then i read what it did and loved it to death... it's the coolest little switch.