PDA

View Full Version : Brakes story...Made me $50 richer!

zero.counter
12-15-2003, 06:24 PM
My brother-in-law calls me up and says that he changed the pads on his accord all by his lonesome and decided to disconnect the brake lines from both front calipers and was wondering why his brakes were spongy as fuck. I slapped him upside the head when I saw him and his car. I asked why? Then I asked if he kept the reservoir at half level to prevent bubbles and he said no. I slapped him again and had to bleed the system. I went ahead and did all four points and refilled. I charged him $50 for my time and supplies (vinyl gloves, and soap to wash my hands).

Before I did that, I wanted to see how bad it was, the braking that is. It was fucked up, like one of those movies where someone cuts the line and the person freaks cuz they cannot stop. I was only going around 15mph and had to pump the bitch hard and use the E-BRAKE like crazy. It was fun, but stupid as I could have hurt someone in the process. Well, enough with the self-chastization and such. i just wanted to share another dumb story that made me money! :)

k-roy
12-15-2003, 07:38 PM
That story sounds oddly familiar. Are you tapping into my memories? Because if you are....

zero.counter
12-15-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by kroy
That story sounds oddly familiar. Are you tapping into my memories? Because if you are....
Kroy...are you....? Nah! :flipa:

nswst8
01-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Yeah I love brake jobs, neighbors are always asking who does the best brake jobs for the dollar and my reply is "me". Quick $50, I'd do these all day long if I didn't dislike the brake dust. But always good for quick cash.
NSWST8

Justin86
01-01-2004, 08:40 PM
man brakes sure are fun to work on!