PDA

View Full Version : Clear front-side reflector?

Defiant[YD]
06-29-2002, 12:04 PM
aight, u guys know about the orange reflector on both sides of the front of the car right? i'm not talking about the bumper ones. i'm talking about the ones beside the head lights.

well, in any case. how do u guys get those clear? cuz i think it looks nasty with the orange there.

RCracer
06-29-2002, 01:48 PM
You can get a few differant types of corner lamp for the 3rd Gen.
There is a FAQ on corner lamps.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2158

If the ones you want are the aerodeck ones like mine you will struggle to get them unless you have plenty of $$$$$$.

Defiant[YD]
06-29-2002, 07:24 PM
well, that faq helped a little bit, but not much.

cuz like, i've seen quite a few guys on this board with the clear side signals in north america. and i was wondering how they got it.

and is there a way to make my own?

87pimpsterdocious
06-29-2002, 11:26 PM
All the people on here you've seen with them have made their own. It involves cutting with a dremel, silicon glue, etc. It's not too hard if you have some time to do it right.

n300zx
06-30-2002, 11:25 AM
what I'm doing to mine is smoking them along with my tails... it'll look decent I'm thinkin

88LXiHB
07-01-2002, 12:51 AM
All it takes is a dremel, some silicone glue, overhead light panneling, and time...:D

89AccordDXHB
07-01-2002, 08:42 AM
How do I get from the top picture to the bottom picture?

I'm hearing dremel and silicon....but what will I do with it? Do we remove the yellow part and that's it or do we need to fabricate a replacement of the yellow piece?

Is removal of the lamp itself easy?

We need some hand holding here..... :huh:

Defiant[YD]
07-01-2002, 04:26 PM
yah! i have the same question as 89AccordDXHB. how do u do it? what materials (specifically)? what steps/methods?

TeKKnoTeKK
07-01-2002, 04:51 PM
Here is what you need: dremel (something to cut the plastic), flourecent light panelling from home depot, lowe's, whatever.....with that pattern (havn't been able to find that exact pattern), clear silicon (to seal it, glue it, once it is cut)

To get the corner lamp off you have to flip the headlights up, once you do that you will see that it is held in by two screws. You take out the orange part, once you have it out ( preferrably in one piece so you can use it to trace the pattern on the new plastic), once you get the pattern traced you just cut it out with the dremel or whatever you choose, then just glue it in with the silicon making sure not to use too much. ENJOY.

Defiant[YD]
07-02-2002, 12:37 PM
ahhh icicicic! thx man. i go try now.

MiGeY
07-03-2002, 08:49 AM
Yes thank you, I think I'm going to go to the auto wreckers and find me some corners. I will perform the operation on those ones and if they turn out good I will swap them with my current ones. I may even smoke them as well.

overdrive v1.03
07-05-2002, 11:46 AM
would the silicon keep it there? liek would it come off during car wash, winter etc? would it leak water??

overdrive
07-05-2002, 11:47 AM
hey guyz...i was thinkin of doin the same thing to my accord...but i don really konw how....i seen alot of peeples cars on here with there lights done...tell me how u did it....was it hard....

hondaman87
07-05-2002, 12:28 PM
like this

overdrive
07-06-2002, 12:23 PM
yea...i want them clear like that...how did u do that?

hey Defiant[YD] u live in calgary too....cool

TeKKnoTeKK
07-07-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by overdrive
yea...i want them clear like that...how did u do that?

hey Defiant[YD] u live in calgary too....cool

Dude....read above....I posted exactly how to do it. Sometimes I wonder if some of you even read these posts, do you just click on them to look at the pictures?

bass
07-07-2002, 03:26 PM
My advice is that you take all your tools to a nice big junkyard like Pick-n-Pull. Take off some corners from a 3g and practice at the lot where no one is watching. If they look good, go pay for them, if you mess up, try again. At least you won't waste any money that way. This is waht I'll be doing. Pick-n-Pull is where I always go to trash their cars instead of mine when I don't know what I'm doing :p