PDA

View Full Version : Motor Mount Questions!!

BootMachine
12-16-2003, 09:40 AM
Does the A20 accord engine have the same motor mounts as the A20 Prelude?

I have a prelude and I keep blowing the stock mounts and they are pretty expensive...SO...my question is

Who makes urethane motor mount kits for my car? Does anyone here on the site sell them?

Let me know!

k-roy
12-16-2003, 11:43 AM
maybe, check http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

BootMachine
12-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Tnkx for the url but those are OEM parts...I'm looking for urethane motor mounts!

k-roy
12-16-2003, 03:52 PM
I don't think there are any urethane ones available. I would say search but that function is dead right now. You could always call up prothane and have some custom made.

89cordlx
12-16-2003, 09:18 PM
whats so special about urethane parts?

danronian
12-16-2003, 09:31 PM
Polyurethane doesn't deflect like rubber bushings often do. The problem with them is that they don't deflect and will put alot more abuse on any rubber joint that is connected to the same part. They also often create more suspension bind b/c unlike rubber bushings that flex, they often let suspension components spin instead. For full suspensions, they are best only to be used for drag racing, b/c they make most stock suspensions bind b/c of how they allow the suspension to spin so easily. But using them on sway bar bushings and end links is the best application for an every day driven car.