PDA

View Full Version : Hello All....NooB here...

Crazee3g
12-16-2003, 10:19 AM
Hey All Crazee3g here.

Just wanted to introduce myself. Picked up an 88LX carbed for about 800 bucks. It's not in too bad shape interior and exterior arent too bad.

I plan on "pulling an emeril" and "kickin it up a notch". I wil be posting pictures as soon as I get a chance.

I have been browsing the forums for about a month now. Found the site on a random web search after I bought the car.

The site is Da Bomb.

Dibbs
12-16-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Crazee3g
I plan on "pulling an emeril" and "kickin it up a notch".

:lol
I hate Emeril!

Welcome to the board! There's so much info on our cars on this board, it's not even funny. At the top of the page there's a search button. Chances are if you're thinking about something for your car, someone's already thought of it so seek and you will find.
One problem though, the search function is down for the moment and has been for days, but once it comes back up, it will answer all your questions. Again, welcome aboard!

Crazee3g
12-16-2003, 11:03 AM
Whats wrong with emeril? LoL.

Dibbs
12-16-2003, 11:24 AM
Dude walks around like the nuttry professor! I think it's his audience I hate more than anything.

"We'll add some butter" <cheers that resemble the game winning catch of a football game>

"We'll add some garlic" <cheers that resemble Joe Carter's walk off homer to end the 1993 World Series>

"We'll add some bourbon" <A riot nearly breaks out>

Buncha overweight boozers with bad breath! :burn:

He'll talk about how some shit "Ain't brain surgery"

A little "Bam... Bam....Bubububaam!"

Then Goodnight everybody.

MrBen
12-16-2003, 11:32 AM
It's his reputation. He is a world renowned chef, and his audience knows his food. I'm going to the same college he is, and I have to say he's a good role model for someone who whats to be a great chef.

Welcome to the board, and I'm going to start calling you Emeril! :)

Dibbs
12-16-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by GhettoAccord
I'm going to the same college he is

Do you mean he teaches there or it's the same school he attended? That would be cool if he taught there.

I've heard he's a great guy and he treats his staff on his show really well. Seriously you can tell he's a nice person by those school specials he has. Some freinds of mine went to see his show right after they got married and said is was a blast.

My favorite cooking show of all time was The Frugal Gourmet. Jeff smith was such a badass. I used to love watching his show when it used to come on PBS. Then I later found out he was an accused petophile :eek: That kinda ruined it and is probably why the Food Network doesn't televise his old episodes.

I would say my favorite show on the Food Network now is Good Eats w/ Alton Brown. This guy knows his shit. He first got a masters in Chemistry from UGA then went to The Culinary Institute of Vermont. He breaks food down on a microscopic level to explain how recipies work. Pretty damn cool show if you've never seen it.

MrBen
12-16-2003, 12:23 PM
The Frugal Gourmet was my favorite as well. Now it is Good Eats. I love his style. My ALL time favorite would have to be Julia Child, just because she talks cool and knows her shit. I watched her cooking shows all the time when I was little.

Oh and I meant went to; I was in a hurry when I wrote that. Johnson and Wales University.

Dibbs
12-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Johnson and Wales University Woot!

Julia child made me laugh the way she talked. Chick is straight up OLD now. Have you seen her on some of those Marth Stewart shows?

Cheeseburger
12-16-2003, 01:00 PM
welcome emirle ;) thats a good deal on your car.

Crazee3g
12-18-2003, 10:04 PM
Well thanks for the welcome. Doing anything with this car is going to be a slow process. Uncle Sam like to make me work ALOT! I posted some pics on here somewhere...lol Just look for my name.

Vinny
12-19-2003, 05:52 AM
Welcome to the site, great find on you 800 buck 3G. Sorry to hear you're stationed in New Mexico, you at Holloman or Cannon? I was at Tinker for 10 years and hated going to either of the NM bases. Best of luck with the car

SiR
12-19-2003, 09:01 AM
Welcome, and thanks for putting in a little more dollars for the foundation.

Crazee3g
12-19-2003, 09:09 AM
No prob with the donation. There is such a wealth of information here. Now if only I could get my nice lil foundation member graphic lol.

k-roy
12-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the board man.

Crazee3g
12-20-2003, 12:26 AM
What do ya'll think of the sig pic? If anyone wants something made up let me know. I can also host pics if need be.

Let me know.

kicker1_solo
12-20-2003, 01:41 AM
Welcome :)

HostileJava
12-23-2003, 11:39 AM
Welcome, the sig looks nice but we need to see more of the 3g and less of the writing :D

Dennis
12-23-2003, 12:08 PM
i have the greatest sig ever, thanks. :ugh:

Dibbs
12-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Maybe, but you have the crappiest avatar! :kekeke:

Coroncho80
12-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Hello ...................

zero.counter
12-27-2003, 04:46 PM
y0! .....sup?