PDA

View Full Version : Help!?!

jonzer77
12-16-2003, 03:21 PM
I have been working on my car for the last 2 weeks, it just died on me on my way home one night, and after replacing the cap, rotor, coil, wires, and plugs......still nothing, then I replaced the ignition control module it fired right up, but heres the problem.....I broke a bolt in the distributor so i had to take the distributot into the machine shop to have the bolt removed, in order to take it off I had to remove the reluctor and the pickup coil to be able to take the distributor in, then I put everything together and now it wont idle after its done warming up it just dies.......anyone know how to help?

shepherd79
12-16-2003, 04:39 PM
did you connect the vacuum lines correctly?
make sure they are not cracked.

jonzer77
12-16-2003, 04:42 PM
yeah they are connected right and not cracked, you mean the 2 fromthe diaphram right?

k-roy
12-16-2003, 04:51 PM
I think Alex is speaking about the plethera of hoses everywhere. The ones that go to the emissions box the the corner of the engine. I stopped counting after a few dozen. It sucks that your are in Cali, or I would tell you to rim em out.

jonzer77
12-16-2003, 04:53 PM
I didnt mess with any vacuum hoses except for the 2 that go from the vacuum diaphram

Mac
12-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Which bolt did you snap? One that holds the cap on? If so check that the distributor cap didn't get cracked.