PDA

View Full Version : Meeting a guy this weekend who wants to buy my Accord!

Mike89Accordcom
12-16-2003, 06:30 PM
Well got a call, meeting him this weekend. The price of $5K is good to him. I won't go any lower. He's 17 and pretty interested. I'll keep you guys posted. If he buys, it will be sad watching it drive off, that's for sure.

kicker1_solo
12-16-2003, 06:42 PM
lol, $5k, I'd say bye bye to the accord too. :)

blazin3gen
12-16-2003, 07:29 PM
ahh sucks ass man 17 u say makes me nervous that he would wreck it

MIK3
12-16-2003, 07:38 PM
How much was invested in the accord man? Are you making profit? Because that would be cool.

k-roy
12-16-2003, 07:39 PM
5 grand for my 3G and I would kick the rear bumper as it pulled off and never regret it.

Yea damn kids going through cars like their parents credit cards pisses me off. I have owned three vehicles in 7 years, and I still have two of them. Hell two of them are carbed japanese models from the 80s.

I have friends younger than me who have had over a dozen vehicles. No respect.

zero.counter
12-16-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by kroy
I have friends younger than me who have had over a dozen vehicles. No respect.
That would be my brother-in-law, the gangsta.

Mike89Accordcom
12-16-2003, 07:45 PM
haha, make profit, never. I'd have to sell it for like $15K. He could buy it, he may not. You just never know. $5K is an amazing deal for what I've put into it. Plus very low miles and mint interior.

PortugalFocus
12-16-2003, 08:28 PM
it will be sad to see Mike's Accord go if it does.........

RustyHo88
12-16-2003, 09:19 PM
You won't leave the board if you sell it; will ya Mike? You had better not, or I will have to leave. My 3g has been gone for months now; but I cannot say I was sad to see it go :D .

B16 ED9
12-19-2003, 12:08 AM
hah, i was pretty sad when i saw mine go. and good luck with the sale mike.

about the friends thing. ya, my friend is 19 and has totaled 2 cars, 1 of them twice. first, he rolled a civic hatchback, second he rolled an explorer on its side, and the third i cant talk about. and then he's had 3 or 4 other cars.

hah, i'm only on my second car and i'm the same age

DBMaster
12-19-2003, 09:05 AM
Hey, I'm 38 and only on my second car. First one was 8 years old when I got it and I drove it for 10 years. This one was new when I got it and it is now....Well, you know that already.

What is really weird to me is that I just hit 212,000 miles on the Accord. That is when I sold the old 72 Pontiac. Of course, even though that car was clean it had holes rusted in numerous places. No galvanized metal in those old cars, you know.

Grant2k
12-19-2003, 09:37 AM
i hope this doesn't turn into what happened to Pearldrop's car, but i can see it happening.

Plastic_Fork
12-19-2003, 09:51 AM
I'm 24 and only on my second car. The Accord was my first car and I still have it. Drove it for six years before I bought the Del Sol. The Accord needs a battery now though 'cause it's dead, otherwise it still drives just fine at 190k miles. It needs a lot of repairs though because I never had the money to keep it up while in high school or after high school and my parents couldn't afford to pay for anything either.

I'm probably going to sell it but I'll miss it. Got really attached to it -- it's been a great car. I still want to find a LX-i coupe in good shape to buy though. I really want to keep a 3rd gen and the LX-i will be the best platform for a motor swap. If I can stop getting laid off from work, I will be able to buy it and I'd like to swap in a B20A.

Dennis
12-19-2003, 09:56 AM
im 17 on my second car, wrecked my kia twice and now its totaled.

Mike89Accordcom
12-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Yeah once I meet the kid I'll get my idea of what hes like and how me may treat the car. He called me again and said he has the money, but first wants to drive it, and see it in person. I'll be very sad to see it go. You've all heard me say a million times, I'd like to keep it, and I could, but the $$$ would be cool. Time to move on I guess. Who knows maybe he won't buy it.

RobT5580
12-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Damn Mike, for 5k i would keep it knowing what you did to it over the years. Oh well another lost accord (maybe).

Bloodlust
12-19-2003, 04:11 PM
Mike you know how I feel about you selling the accord... but I can see how you would want to. In a year or so you might not be able to get 5k for it. The money would be nice, but its a car that will last forever and you've put so much money into it. I have split feelings about it.

Mike89Accordcom
12-19-2003, 04:43 PM
Another big thing I have to decide is, ok it runs great, it has low miles, everything is update engine wise. But at any moment, stuff can go wrong. Sure any car can have problems, but my accord is 15 years old. My TL is only 8. I just don't have the time and money to waste if some major shit goes wrong. Which in time it will def happen, its an old car. I'm just lucky it has low miles. But yes getting $5K, is only a very small portion of what I really put into it. You will never get the $$$ you put in it. So if this guy buys, it's a great deal. The only thing he wont get, is the stereo, and the strut bar, otherwise it's a full package. For $5K it's a steal. I mean the paint and rims alone that car is worth $5K, and theres much more in it. I just spent $275 on my accord, had to get a new battery, pay some labor to find out why my car was being wack, and my front corner parking light cover fell off, that was $80. I had to order that from Honda. See that's money I don't need to be spending. I make decent money, but if I made just a little bit more, I'd keep it. But at this time, financially, it's the best thing I can do. Sell the accord, pay off my TL, and buy a new TL in a year or so.

RobT5580
12-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Well sorry to see you move on i know i will have my accord for a long time and it would take a lot for me to part with it. Im glad i ran into your site along with Justins years ago when i had my white coupe because it showed me that the car did have potential and probably helped me keep my car. I am to far into it to part with it and im finally making progress with my car.

Hope things go well and you get what you want for it.

Mike89Accordcom
12-19-2003, 05:14 PM
Thanks guys, and Rob ya I hear ya. Glad you found our sites. I never thought this day would come man. I am very attached to my Accord, haha. How I feel is, I'm not just like yep getting rid of that damn car, it's more like damn, ya I think it might sell, haha. It will be a day I NEVER forget. A part of me wanted to sell the 16's on the Accord and get some new 17's, you know, why not give it a new look. I'm tempted to do that. So this isn't easy.

blazin3gen
12-19-2003, 06:35 PM
hey mike sell the rims on the accord it should be enuff to pay off the TL :D

deadlight
12-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Dennis
im 17 on my second car, wrecked my kia twice and now its totaled.

Dennis, may I ask why in the hell your sig says your Kia is VTEC DOHC 1.8L ?