PDA

View Full Version : 94 Civic Coilovers on a 3gee?

Mystic1
12-18-2003, 08:02 PM
I have a friend that is selling a set (all 4) of 3 month old coilovers (can't rember the brand name) for $50; he paid $200 for them. He is selling them because he dosn't like the stiffer ride. I'm looking for something stiffer do give better handling in the corners. He says that they'll fit. What do you all think?

k-roy
12-18-2003, 08:27 PM
The search is down. If my memory serves me right the front will fit but the rear will not. I may be wrong.

Just out of curiousity how much is your friend asking for them? You can get coilevers for a 3g for decently cheap.

Mystic1
12-18-2003, 08:41 PM
$50 for all 4. He told me that for the rear I would be able to mount the coil over upside down to make it fit.

I don't know hardly anything about this topic myself but that sounds a little :werd: to me.

Also, if the front would fit would there be much modification involved?

Yes, the search being down sucks. It makes me ask stupid questions that I know have already been asked before. Belive me when I say I would ues it if it worked.

jigga225
12-18-2003, 11:23 PM
well, if you dont know what kind they are, you should really check into what kind they are... because if they're a cheap brand (and he didnt really pay over $200 for them), then you could go on eBay and get some cheap Dropzones or somethin for like $80 and you know that they would fit your car,
I dunno about the civics fitting in the rear.

Oh, and you dont wanna just stick some coil-overs on your car without changins your struts and getting a camber kit.. which will run you at least another $350 if you wanna do it right man.
Peace

Mystic1
12-19-2003, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the info on the extras involved jigga. I think I'll hold off for now in that case. I have other more important things I need to do first to my car.