PDA

View Full Version : Speaker mounting depth?

Hash_man_Se_i
12-18-2003, 08:31 PM
I am going to be picking up some new component speakers in the next couple weeks.. I have them all picked out and everything, but I have a few questions.

How deep is the space in the door for speakers? becuase these things are fairly deep.

And secondly, can I put the tweeters in the A-Pillars?

Thanks

StUpiD8000
12-19-2003, 01:21 AM
You cant fit a damn thing thats anygood in our doors.....The damn window is to close to the inside if the door...I had to make Fiberglass pods to make my stuff fit.....not fun but the end resolt, I LOVE IT ,.. and ya , you can put the tweeters in the piller, you wont be able to flush mount them there

Vinny
12-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Looks like ita about a max of 2 1/8" deep with a max height of 1/2" But I'm assuming thats with the factory basket in still. YUou can take it out and get a little more room back there. As far as tweets in the pillar it would depend on the size of them.. Check the how to section on custom gauge pocs, you may be able to do something like that for your tweets

Hash_man_Se_i
12-20-2003, 02:43 AM
k sounds good. I cant wait for my Focals.

StUpiD8000
12-22-2003, 11:54 PM
If you take out the basket, you will lose more room...It takes the speaker away from the inside of the door(the window) its about an 1/2", 3/4" you will lose...Just cut the back of the basket till the speakers fit and see if you have enough room in the door..if not,.. try a fuw spacers of some kind to bring the basket away from the door more...blah....blah...blah.....Just thought about it,,..your gitting Focoals..thay are a slim speaker arnt thay????....

Hash_man_Se_i
12-23-2003, 01:32 AM
I havent actually seen the speakers yet except in the demo board in in a few cars, so im not sure about their depth, but I am pretty sure that they arent very slim, and our doors dont seem very thick.

I also have to get an adapter plate made though, because the ones I am getting are 5"

POS carb
12-23-2003, 07:07 AM
if you're buying Focals I can almost guarantee that you will need to make a spacer for the speaker, get some 3/4" wood and cut out a trim ring for the speaker.
Those speakers are killer, I've been looking for a set at a reasonable price but for now I'll just stick with the cheaper dual Vega's