PDA

View Full Version : a message from the Director

marc49
12-18-2003, 10:37 PM
I want to first apologize to everyone on 3geez for the recent events. Here is what happened

The card that the server was using for automatic payment was no longer a valid card. I was waiting for the new card to arrive to change it over.

While that was happening, Cara and I moved into a bigger apartment. I had the DSL transferred over. However, there was a glitch or something in there system that prevented me from getting online. The line was active for DSL, but the billing department was like a loop. They were trying to shut off service to the old apartment and then activate my billing on the new apartment. when I called them, they said it would be december 17th. I was fucking livid and let them know that it was bullshit, the technical division got the hard part done now it was just fucking billing holding everything up.

Finally when the 17th came I tried logging on and access was denied.. So finally tonight I got everything straightened out and come on to find out the board had been shut down but Joe was able to get it back up.

I am going to give Joe full access to the server in the event this ever happens again.

I am also updating the website this weekend to VB3. It's almost in it's final release, they call it their "gamma" release. but the foundation is finally done so we can update it now..

I am also going to email this to everyone.. Again I do apologize for the board being shut down.

Elijah
12-19-2003, 12:49 AM
Thanks for all the help and the site.U the man Mark

Vanilla Sky
12-19-2003, 04:37 AM
it's good that we got it back up.... i hope you and cara like your new place... good luck with that...