PDA

View Full Version : Code 7!!

3rd GEN
12-20-2003, 03:53 AM
hey..I don't have the code book or manual for my car.. but anyways, my Engine light came on tonite and is giving me a code 7..

if anyone could please lemme know what this code is indicating, that would be great..
i'm thinking it could be my 02 sensor...but not sure...

now here's another question.. if it is my 02 sensor, how do i know which one it is I need to replace, cuz there is 2 of them???

thanks alot!

k-roy
12-20-2003, 03:59 AM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26342

Its your TPS

shepherd79
12-20-2003, 08:51 AM
i don't know how you can replace just the sensor because it is build into the throttle body.

3rd GEN
12-20-2003, 11:36 AM
ok..thanks guys

3rd GEN
12-23-2003, 08:59 AM
how big of a problem is the throttle position or that sensor thingy?
cuz my engine light keeps coming on every now and then.. but my car isn't driving any differently...
although, now i've noticed a small thing.. if you just keep the gas down at a steady pressure, i can feel the car, accellerating, and deaccellerating, on it's own..like as if i was applying more pressure on the gas and then releasing it..

and i tried putting on my cruise control, and it won't stay on either..cuz you know how it turns off once you touch the brake or gas..so ya..i have no idea what it could be..
coul my throttle cable be oo tight??

dXsquared
12-23-2003, 09:27 AM
thats your TPS sensor doin all that shit... time for a new TB

Travis

Dibbs
12-23-2003, 09:31 AM
if you just keep the gas down at a steady pressure, i can feel the car, accellerating, and deaccellerating, on it's own..like as if i was applying more pressure on the gas and then releasing it..

That sounds like you're TV cable is out of adjustment. There's a how to on how to adjust it.

Looks like you may be hosed on finding a seperate sensor. Wrenchhead.com (before it became part of Napa) about 3 years ago used to sell the sensor by itself for around $30-40, but I can't find one now. I know the tps can be removed by drilling out the rivets that hold it in place. My '86 just has caps over little screws that can be popped off. I guess some people found out about it so Honda made it harder :D. If you can find a TPS, I say drill out the rivets and replace w/ machine screws w/ nuts lockwashers to hold it in place. Good luck.

3rd GEN
12-23-2003, 09:01 PM
ohh shit really..damn.. i just bored out my TB too..daym!!
arrggggggg..