PDA

View Full Version : some problems with new board.

shepherd79
12-20-2003, 11:31 AM
ok,
i have notticed after upgrade that not all smilley faces are available.
the mods, admin or foundation members sign are not present.
the quick reply is not there. i love that thing.
i think that is all for now.

MrBen
12-20-2003, 02:06 PM
I'm not bitching, just pointing out things I've noticed. I noticed everything shepherd did, as well as the logo not being at the top of the page. Also, can we please have the user info when we're posting to the left like on the old 3geez? Having it at the top of the post is confusing.

Good progress though, Marc. 3geez takes a giant leap with the new version.

zero.counter
12-20-2003, 02:08 PM
These new modern things are great! Really, the site has a great update to the face and looks good. I am still trying to find the two new unread posts that I have received though...

Justin86
12-20-2003, 03:33 PM
I kind of like the new layout it is very similar to Accord Tuner, but we need to get rid of that huge vbulletin at the top of the page and get the original pic back up or a better one.

blazin3gen
12-20-2003, 03:36 PM
yea this is like accordtuner they also updated their look although as i can see now its looking better then it first did when it was applied good work guys!

shepherd79
12-20-2003, 04:27 PM
ok i found another thing that i don't like.
the old board used to remember my username, but new version doesn't like that.

zero.counter
12-20-2003, 04:34 PM
ok i found another thing that i don't like.
the old board used to remember my username, but new version doesn't like that.
Have you tried deleting your cookies and history and then refreshing the site so that it forces you to re-enter your username and password and asks to remember such?

marc49
12-20-2003, 04:35 PM
when I closed out my browser and then opened it back up, it did the same thing. When I logged in, it automatically sent me to my user profile. I verified everything and hit "save changes" and it hasn't been a problem for me since

PhydeauX
12-20-2003, 07:14 PM
While we're making suggestions here, do you think you can kill off the quote feature? Not the quote tag in vbcode, just the button to quote another post. It seems lots of people are fond of quoting a message 2 up from theirs, esp ones with pics. Justs adds more crap to the thread. If someone really feels the need to quote have them cut and paste.

andy

zchb9
12-20-2003, 08:44 PM
I dunno if its just my comp or what but i can't get any pics. i got avators but no sigs or posted pics.

shepherd79
12-21-2003, 06:35 AM
ok i got the password thing working.

PhydeauX
12-21-2003, 09:35 AM
The theme modern revisited doesn't get along to well with mozilla when the side bar is open. Not sure if its something simple in the css or what but when the sidebar is open it covers part of the page instead of pushing it over to the right. Kind of annoying. The default theme works find, but I prefer the cold grey of modern to this fruity blue stuff.

andy

87accordlxi
12-21-2003, 10:10 AM
The theme modern revisited doesn't get along to well with mozilla when the side bar is open. Not sure if its something simple in the css or what but when the sidebar is open it covers part of the page instead of pushing it over to the right. Kind of annoying. The default theme works find, but I prefer the cold grey of modern to this fruity blue stuff.

andy

OK, that should be fixed now.

88BlackEXi
12-22-2003, 12:39 PM
I haven't posted here in a few months, but I've gotta say this new layout is slick. Who made this? Everything looks good, works good.

pimp86LX
12-22-2003, 12:48 PM
VBulliten made it

its version 3 i believe. I really dig the quick layout thingie at the bottom. I prefer modern revisited.

Good work admin&mods :thumbup:

Mike's89AccordLX
12-22-2003, 12:49 PM
I really like how the new site is marc49, hats off to you and all your workers!!! I like how you can have each user to choose which site layout they want. And I like how the links are at the top of the screen. Great Job!!! I hope you guys realize how you affect most of the users lives. I know when I didn't have 3GEEZ I was lost and now that I have it back.... I'm just really glad we have it back!

Thanks to all that made it possible,
Mike's89AccordLX

PhydeauX
12-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Ah, the modern is fixed. I found anohter minor little annoying bug with mozilla. Not sure if other are effected. On the forum view pages in the last post collumn, the date tends to push the button for go to first unread post out of view and the time overlaps into the thread count column. I think there has always been issues with the way ie handles overflow data in a table compaired to netscape/mozilla. I ran into the problem before on a site I was working on and forget what I had to do to fix it. No big deal, if you want I can look into what I had to do, if got the source somewhere.

andy