PDA

View Full Version : It's official, the Accord is SOLD!

Mike89Accordcom
12-21-2003, 12:47 AM
So today I met up with the kid who wants to buy it. He and his dad fell in love with it. I let him drive it for a while and he really likes it. I told him he'll have the only car like this ANYWHERE! I says when you go back to school after x-mas break you'll be the cool kid, haha. You will be very original I told him. I'll be curious to see what he does to it. He's 17, but very good with things. His dad was telling me how he really takes care of his other car. You can tell when you meet somebody if they are cool or not. He reminds me of me when I was 17. Now I'm passing on my love to someone who is very anxious for it. I know he'll take care of it. He said all his friends will be blown away. In 9 years I got what I wanted out of it. As much as it would be tempting to keep going with my Accord, the best thing to do is sell.

So this day has finally come. A day I never thought would happen. But really it's time to move on I guess. I can pay off my TL now, and get a new one in a year or so. Maybe a 03 TL Type S.

Next weekend I am meeting up with him to collect and give my Accord away. That will be a day I never forget, that's for sure. I do have tons of pics, video, and my site to always live on. I'll be in touch with him to see what hes done with it. I'll keep 89accord.com forever. It will always be mikes89, hehe. He's getting a car that I've babied for 9 years. It's very weird feeling inside. I feel like I'm giving away my kid or something, lol. I told you guys I wouldn't just sell it to anybody. What bought him on my car was the paint and wheels. Ya the CHROME wheels. I know many of you will be shocked to see me selling this. I'm shocked myself. I'll def miss it. But ya thats the news guys. I'll pretty much pay off my TL with the money, chill a while, then probably buy a 03 TL or CL Type S. Drop it with 19's, and tint.

Also, one prob was my trunk has a major leak. Which I've known about, but forgot about it. So tonight when showing them they saw that, and damn, my trunk had a river in it, no joke. Pretty bad. So I thought, it's got to be my dam spoiler. Sure enough, the holes they drilled were too big. That's how water was getting inside. I took the wing off, and theres all this crud underneath I need to get off. I'm going to take pics of the car without the wing, to show you what it looks like with everything on it without the wing. I'm getting new gaskets to seal the holes with, and reinstalling the wing this week, so the kid doesnt have the leak prob. Sucks, of course this happens when I'm about to sell.

MoonScryer
12-21-2003, 09:06 AM
I'll believe it when it pulls out of your driveway forever. Also, ten-to-one, the car ends up around a tree in one year.

Sean
12-21-2003, 09:13 AM
SO mike your not gonna have a 3g anymore ? get off the site ! and give me the domain.

RobT5580
12-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Damn another nice car down seems like most of the oldschool people from the original board are slowly letting go. But i cant say i never almost gave up and moved on but i stuck it out and IMO the accord was a good place to start not having a car payment and could be easily obtained. Hope things go well with your TL and hope your accord sticks around for awhile but the odds are not good as shown with peardrops and Digitized's cars and young drivers.

blazin3gen
12-21-2003, 12:10 PM
SO mike your not gonna have a 3g anymore ? get off the site ! and give me the domain.

lol werd

that sucks alot of ass man very sad that u sold it

Mike89Accordcom
12-21-2003, 12:17 PM
lol, your a jackass sean. Justin (turbo) is also partin with his. So the 2 original 3G's will be gone forever. I'm not the only one. Just time to move on. 89Accord.com will be FOREVER!

my86dx4dr
12-21-2003, 01:14 PM
lol, your a jackass sean. Justin (turbo) is also partin with his. So the 2 original 3G's will be gone forever. I'm not the only one. Just time to move on. 89Accord.com will be FOREVER!
ya big dult, your gonna kick yourself in the ass for this! :devil: but owell atleast your doing it for good cause, the tl is a great car, but your a BAD BAD father! you dont sell one of your kids to help the other one out! theyr both fine, they have nice shoes and they both look healthy, so why you selling, grrr!!!!! :banned:

RobT5580
12-21-2003, 03:36 PM
I understand why Justin did his and i know in California he could never have his turbo pass CARB so it would be an on going pain to go through that every inspection. Some of his stuff will go to good use in my car so some of it wont go to waste.

guaynabo89
12-21-2003, 08:06 PM

NO need to get rid of the 3 gee just get other cars to play with. Thats what I do and it works pretty well.

One reason not to get rid of it is cause its more of a challenge to get it to do anything. Remember its half the fun getting there.

MIK3
12-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Heh. Well majority votes. Bad call on the sell. And I second what the majority has to say. The sad part is, is that that car will probably be around a tree or through a wall or another car within the year...

Vinny
12-22-2003, 05:45 AM
Congrats Mike, hopefully he will take care of it as well as you have.

StUpiD8000
12-22-2003, 12:59 PM
that sucks, Your the one you got me to get my 3g 3 years ago...And how I found the 3Geez ......Hope the kid takes care of it.....

86AccordLxi
12-22-2003, 01:23 PM
I am going to go against the grain and say congrats on selling it and that you probably won't regret it as you've moved on. enjoy paying off the tl.

Alex

88LXi68
12-22-2003, 05:12 PM
yay! 1 less bling bling mobile on this site

Mike89Accordcom
12-22-2003, 07:54 PM
I told the kid to keep me posted on the ride. Some of the nicest 3G's on this site were or are bling bling. Mine for example, Pearldrops, and TK's.

It's funny Steve, I left you alone for quite some time, and here you go with a stupid comment, lol. Acting 12 again. Just remember, my paintjob cost more then what your cars worth and thats just one of my mods. You've had your car how long Steve, and what do you have to show for? Nothing. Just know your car will never reach mine. The rare times I've seen your car, I can't seem to see any modifcations. Or wait, if you call those wheels, then I guess you got 1. No one looks at your car when your driving....

JEALOUSY IS A BITCH STEVE!

3G Jester
12-22-2003, 08:05 PM
you, pearl....so whats next? juan gonna get rid of his?

blazin3gen
12-22-2003, 08:09 PM
you, pearl....so whats next? juan gonna get rid of his?

u forgot justin lol

juan will never do such a thing :D

Mike89Accordcom
12-22-2003, 08:10 PM
Yeah that's right Justin too. Me and Justin are the only ones from the beginning who have ours. But very soon, we both won't have ours. It's sad, but time to move on for bigger and better things.

BITESIZE
12-22-2003, 08:15 PM
Such a shame............you'd better still come visit us! You were the reason I found the forum. God bless us everyone!!!!!

adams86lxi
12-22-2003, 08:18 PM
hope he takes care of it.

Mike89Accordcom
12-22-2003, 08:19 PM
Ya it's nuts I'm handing over my baby to some young kid. Sounds bad. But I have trust in him. His dad is into cars, and will make him take care of it as well.

RobT5580
12-22-2003, 08:21 PM
I had my bling bling white coupe back then as well but got rid of that for the two red coupes and one of them is finally getting somewhere. My white coupe was nice but had a lot of miles and i was not as mechanically inclined as i am today.

Steve has a lot in his motor and is pretty nice so he is more in the go than show but overall is well rounded if you add his CF hood.

88LXi68
12-22-2003, 08:27 PM
I told the kid to keep me posted on the ride. Some of the nicest 3G's on this site were or are bling bling. Mine for example, Pearldrops, and TK's.

It's funny Steve, I left you alone for quite some time, and here you go with a stupid comment, lol. Acting 12 again. Just remember, my paintjob cost more then what your cars worth and thats just one of my mods. You've had your car how long Steve, and what do you have to show for? Nothing. Just know your car will never reach mine. The rare times I've seen your car, I can't seem to see any modifcations. Or wait, if you call those wheels, then I guess you got 1. No one looks at your car when your driving....

JEALOUSY IS A BITCH STEVE!

Jealous of what? lol BTW.... my car is stock and I have put no money into the engine bay....I swear :werd:

Bloodlust
12-22-2003, 08:29 PM
This is a sad day for all 3rd generation accord owners. I am ecspecially saddened because it was Mike who brought me into the world of 3geez. And seeing him get rid of his 3g just kind of slaps me right in the face. I hope you stay around the board Mike. Godspeed. :sadwave:

Mike89Accordcom
12-22-2003, 08:31 PM
You know I wont leave mikey!

This is for you stevey, http://www.89accord.com/special/mike.gif

3G Jester
12-22-2003, 08:32 PM
u forgot justin lol

juan will never do such a thing :D
i will personaly fly to FL and kick him in the balls if he sells that.

Bloodlust
12-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Steve why you busting on Mike's ride? I love that fooking car. I basically tried to model my car after it but obviously didnt succeed. Personally I like the wheels, the paint is shiny, the wheels might as well be shiny as well. Im not kissing Mike's ass or anything, I just really respect him because he is my friend and i like his car. I am seriously sad to see him sell it but if that is the decision he feels he should make, then thats what he should do.

And BTW Mike, if you ever want to sell 89accord.com keep me in mind :D

guaynabo89
12-22-2003, 08:52 PM

Just remember, my paintjob cost more then what your cars worth and thats just one of my mods.

I dont mean to get in the middle of you guys bickering but paint is not really a mod unless its some sort of show painted multicolor scheme.

I mean I've spent 5 grand on paint and dont consider it a mod. I cant lie though I was rolling on chromes from like 94 to 98. I use to roll on Antera trios, Momo Arrows, and Niche shocks all in crome. I just outgrew that stage and wasnt the style I was looking for. :thumbup:

Mike89Accordcom
12-22-2003, 09:19 PM
regardless the paintjob was expensive and changed the look of my car which is a modification. It altered its appearance. I almost changed the color, but kept it white.

BITESIZE
12-22-2003, 10:11 PM
Don't knock the chromeys, I used to have some!

Mike89Accordcom
12-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Don't knock the chromeys, I used to have some!

WERD! :cheers:

Coroncho80
12-26-2003, 04:25 PM
So this day has finally come. A day I never thought would happen.

Mike, I know exactly how you feel bro. All of those thoughts were going through my mind when I got rid of my Sei. It was like getting rid of a family member. All that time, money, sweat and tears invested and then it was .... Gone! But like you said, it was time to move on. You have invested twice or more the money into your accord than me but I know how you feel man. Sometimes I think what would of happened if I would of kept my Sei?? Before I made up my mind about selling it, I was this close to buy and NOS kit and just spray till I blew up the engine. But the I was like, is it gonna be worth it? I dunno man. A lot of thoughts were going through my mind back then. So, I sold it and now I have the teg. I'm very proud of what I've done with it and very proud of what I did to the Sei.

So, I guess I just wanted to say that I know how you feel man.

Now, regarding Steve ( hehehe I love this part); I know you don't like black wheels, specially on black cars but why do you say that he hasn't Mod his car? Bro, I dont wanna argue but he has more money than what you paint job costed just in the engine alone. But, that's not the issue here.

PS: I saw the Sei the other day. I was like :jaw: Hell no, that was not my SEI! :crying:

Mike89Accordcom
12-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Yeah, its gone now. Pretty weird feeling. I'll miss it. But now that it's out of site, I won't be as sad. I'll always have pics up, etc. But ya it was like giving up a kid. Hey Maurice, you ALMOST, know how I feel, haha.

Coroncho80
12-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Hey Maurice, you ALMOST, know how I feel, haha.

Almost bro........... Almost hahaha :cheers:

L3G10N
12-27-2003, 07:55 AM
mike, sad to see your car gone. I'm on 3geez from the 1st board. But almost never posted before. Carotman bring me here 2years and a half ago. your car was terrible. Hope that carotman will never leave like this. and same thing for me too.

carotman
12-29-2003, 02:47 AM
Hey! I still have my car and I don't plan to sell it anytime soon!

I just hope that your car will continue to shine for long Mike!.... well there's a small part of your car on my Accord now :p

Mike89Accordcom
12-29-2003, 09:11 AM
That's true. Now it's a new town shining to new people. Yep take care of my strut bar Carot.

johndej
12-29-2003, 12:45 PM
hey mike, did you tell the kid about this board? he should join if he hasn't already