PDA

View Full Version : how to install turn signal lamp

ozzmosis
12-21-2003, 09:35 PM
I have an 88 Accord LX and need to know how to change the front turn signal lamp undernearth the headlight. I see no screws to take off the lens and don't want to take off the whole bumper to change a light. Thanks for all your help!

kicker1_solo
12-21-2003, 09:40 PM
where in washington are you from? :)

ozzmosis
12-21-2003, 09:44 PM
i live in lewis county between Chehalis and Yakima on Hwy 12. It's about 3 hours south of Seattle.

k-roy
12-21-2003, 09:51 PM
umm, there should be two screws. the whole assembly should pop out.
Thats how it is on mine, I heard the 86-87 and the 88-89 are differant.
There might be a screw underneath, check this out
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=4532

MrBen
12-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Lewis County is way out there. I had a buddy out there in Morton. Its about 2.5 to 3 hours from Seattle, you're right.

The turn signal lamp bulb is kind of a pain in the ass to replace. There is a screw that is vertical, and it goes up from the bottom and is on the outer edge of the light (example, on the driver's side, the screw is on the far right side of the housing if you're facing it). I believe you can take off that fog light cover and get to it from there, but I am not sure. I don't have an 88, but my mom did, and the screw bracket was broken when I replaced the bulb. Instead of buying a new housing, I used velcro to put it in and hold it (you can't see it) and it has held for years. So if you break it, I suggest doing that.

Wait for someone else to come along here and tell you how to do it in specifics if my advice doesn't help.

Oh yeah, and 86 87 had the two screws on the front, while 88 89 didn't have them, kroy.

k-roy
12-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Thanks Ghetto, I was not positive about that.

HostileJava
12-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Yup, You got it. You have to unscrew it from underneath, accessed through the foglight hole. You then pivot the turn signal to pop it out(it won't pull straight out).

POS carb
12-23-2003, 07:11 AM
on the outer edges (closest to the fenders) of the housing there is a single screw that you have to access from the hole underneath. Your car should have a plastic plate over this hole, remove it and look up into it, you should see the screw going straight up at the headlights, you remove it and then push that side out first, once that side is out you need to pull towards you and away from the center of the car.