PDA

View Full Version : untaped Market

ChaseR
12-23-2003, 12:21 AM
Ok I fail to see why there is such a limited aftermarket product selection for a 3geez. For as many of these cars that were built and are still around youd think that there would be as many if not more products availiable than a 4th gen. These two generations are very simaler. I know at least 10 people with 3rd gen cords some in pretty good shape some in not so good shape, but all are interested in aftermarket parts. Its an untaped market and someone could make a fortune... just my thoughts

-Chase

Mystic1
12-23-2003, 01:50 AM
You make a good point.
I never noticed how many 3gees where in my town untill I started driving one. Most of them have the 2 basics and nothing else (rims and BASS). I don't under stand why more people arnt tweeking them more. I think I'm the only person with an exhaust mod on a 3gee around town.

Also I don't think that people realise the potential at the old A20's have. I'm not in to racing but I did take it to a street race one night. I was 3 for 3 against a 94 Vtec Civic and 2 newer Neons; all with some bolt on goodies under the hood. And all I've got is a short AI and exhaust. There is potential for a good market all you need is 1 big company to start the trend and the others in time will follow.

k-roy
12-23-2003, 03:47 AM
Ok I fail to see why there is such a limited aftermarket product selection for a 3geez. For as many of these cars that were built and are still around youd think that there would be as many if not more products availiable than a 4th gen. These two generations are very simaler. I know at least 10 people with 3rd gen cords some in pretty good shape some in not so good shape, but all are interested in aftermarket parts. Its an untaped market and someone could make a fortune... just my thoughts
-Chase

Oh man, that really pisses me off as well. There is probably more than you think, you have to do some serious searching. The reason why is the import "Ricer Boy" craze is still pretty recent. By the time it really came around our cars were a decade old. Sometimes it takes some modifications and creative thinking, but you really can do a lot with our cars. As for the 4th gen they can take a H22 as a direct bolt in, fuckers, thats and extra 100HP right out of a crate. For those numbers we have to go with boost. The 4th gen has more potential, thats why it is more popular with tuners.

SteveDX89
12-23-2003, 04:07 AM
I think the import craze was more directly focused toward the Civic. They're cheaper than the Accord so more younger kids have them. I agree with Kroy, the 4th gen has more potential and our cars were about a generation old when the whole import craze took off. Most aftermarket companies probably assume that 3g's aren't that popular and most aren't in good shape. A lot of younger guys wouldn't have enough money to fix them up nice. So they think. The only way I think we could get something going is to sign some kind of petition and send it into some of these companies. Just not APC. :) I'm really the only person in town with a 3g that has an exhaust. Most I've seen are older people. I've seen a sedan with wheels and a hatch that was lowered but that was it. I did see a mint stock hatch also. Man, that thing was nice.

RobT5580
12-23-2003, 05:28 AM
Also the few good companies like DC Sports and Koni did make some nice stuff for the accord that they no longer make because of lack of demand. So its more on our end that people dont buy enough so thats part of the reason why they dont make crap for our cars.

NXRacer
12-24-2003, 01:14 AM
its all about demand. if there isnt a demand for it they wont make it. i bet a few years ago you couldnt get aftermarket parts for the old corollas and 240's but look now, they're all the craze so there are parts for em.

deadlight
12-24-2003, 03:17 AM
Yeah who knows, it could be return of anything with flip-ups!

DeathRat
12-24-2003, 05:30 AM

-Chase
Yeah I know how most here feel, as I feel the exact same way. I'm having the same problem with parts for Pontiac Bonnevilles too. It's a very limited market out there when it comes to aftermarket parts for "lesser" known models like 3rd Gens. Unless the General Public pressures the makers of these parts & is willing to buy lotz too, it will never happen though I'm afraid.

Sean
12-24-2003, 09:55 PM
What am i a ham and cheese sandwich dealer ? Ask and ye shall recieve. thats what i say.

86AccordLxi
12-25-2003, 11:02 AM
I think that the demand may be there, but most of the people that own these cars don't have the money to buy the nice, expensive parts. Though koni and dc sports manufactured parts for the 3g, there are not a LOT of people that have either or both. People with newer cars (e.g. civics) tend to have more money to spend so therein lies the demand and the reason that the 3g has limited aftermarket.

Alex

ChaseR
12-26-2003, 12:27 AM
shame shame such a badass car, yet you can aftermarket every part on a civic and not a 3rd gen.

Not like a rock
12-26-2003, 11:24 PM
And what if some big company did start making a bunch of after market parts and we didn't have to do it all ourselves. That would almost defeat the statement that a lot of people on this board are making. Unlike people who watched FF and suddenly thought that buying a civic dx would make them cool (because now they think civics are cool), most people here are piecing together a very personalized car. The fact that the really nice rides you see on this site integrate parts from many different cars in often experimental ways is the charm of a 3geez 3g.

just my 2 cents

ChaseR
04-29-2014, 11:21 PM
oh wow, my first post... wow have things changed.