PDA

View Full Version : New pcv, turns on ecu error 6

SrvZro
12-23-2003, 02:22 AM
I replaced what seems to be the original pcv that came with the car. 89 accord lxi.

Now my check engine light stays on. Its gives the code 6 COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR.

I've tried to reset the ECU and it keeps coming back as soon as I turn the car on. Has anyone heard of this before or have any ideas why this happened. I'm going to replace the sensor eventually.

The check engine light is annoying and I don't want my car running too rich.

*I also changed the distributor cap and rotor. But it started up w/out problem after I had just changed these two things.

Any help/ideas are welcome.

shepherd79
12-23-2003, 04:42 AM
you can't do anything, but replace the sensor.
i had the same problem. first it was EGR valve and after that O2 sensor.

1988starter
12-23-2003, 07:50 AM
did you knock something loose when you installed it.

SrvZro
12-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Nope, nothing that I could see. I made sure that the connections were tight for everything.

I was able to disconnect the hose and pull the whole pcv out by tugging on the hose. This was after I wasn't able to find where the damn thing was. It wasn't until I found the pic in the faq.

The old pcv was really worthless. There was no spring noise and it was full of gunk. I have a feeling that now my car can breath its finding out all the other problems with it has. *tip of the iceberg*

1988starter
12-23-2003, 09:20 AM
Nope, nothing that I could see. I made sure that the connections were tight for everything.

I was able to disconnect the hose and pull the whole pcv out by tugging on the hose. This was after I wasn't able to find where the damn thing was. It wasn't until I found the pic in the faq.

The old pcv was really worthless. There was no spring noise and it was full of gunk. I have a feeling that now my car can breath its finding out all the other problems with it has. *tip of the iceberg*

Well just incase check all vacume hoses and reset the ecubthe code may go away I remember when my fuel pump was failing my ecu gave me codes for both the IAC and O2 sensors

BITESIZE
12-23-2003, 10:28 AM
I would just change, they should be cheap anyways.

SrvZro
12-23-2003, 09:19 PM
I'm convinced that my car's ECU has a mild case of mental retardation. Because the check engine light was lit on the way to work, then to lunch. But then after lunch the light turned off. Even on the ride home and I stopped at a few places before I got home and no light. I figure that maybe it just took a while for the system to get used to the new pcv? The ECU is a mystery to me, I’m just glad that the light turned off. But I might change the coolant sensor out anyways. Just to be sure. But first I want to get a Accel coil and new NGK plugs.