PDA

View Full Version : Good Prices for LED Bulbs

DBMaster
12-23-2003, 02:18 PM
This site even has an LED version of our dome light (31mm). The shipping charges are pretty low, too.

http://autolumination.com/

I ordered myself two inverted clear amber 194's for my front corner lights and a dome light. I'll let you know how they work. I have a set of amber APC LED's in the corner lights now, but they are "focused" an pretty much hit one spot - still looks more interesting than the stock bulbs, though.

Peace.

Justin86
12-23-2003, 08:25 PM
well that is pretty cool but we need to get this moved to the APPERANCE sec.

POS carb
12-26-2003, 01:31 PM
nice, it's about time someone started making all those bulbs in LED, I've been trying to make my own for over 2 months already

DBMaster
12-26-2003, 07:00 PM
One of the drawacks of an LED inplace of a bulb, as I found out when replacing the D4 indicator with an LED, is that LED's do not dim. As long as you are exceeding the forward voltage (which is about 4 volts) they are bright.

So you need to use them where they are not going to need to be dimmed. Also, they can cause issues in turn signals or brake lights as they use so little power the brake light sensors or turn signal flasher will "think" you have a burned out bulb. I saw online several places to buy balancing resistors to take care of that.

Sabz5150
12-26-2003, 07:06 PM
www.superbrightleds.com

They sell *EVERYTHING* LED at great prices. I got my tri-colors from them for my RGB project. Speaking of which.... :D

buzzbomber88lx
12-26-2003, 08:04 PM
yes this does need moved. i am gonna order a crap load of those 194 bulbs and some 1157's.

DBMaster
12-28-2003, 08:57 AM
It looks like the selection and pricing is about the same as at the web site I posted. I wish I had found this BEFORE I replaced all the bulbs in my instrument cluster!

For now I am just going to replace selected bulbs with LED's.

DBMaster
12-28-2003, 11:44 AM
As I mentioned before, the LED bulbs may not be good to use as backlighting in the instrument cluster. You cannot dim them with the standard dimmer so if you think they are too bright you would be stuck with that. For example, now that my D4 indicator is lit with an LED it stays the same brightness with the lights on or off. Normally, the shift indicator bulbs dim when you turn on the lights.