PDA

View Full Version : Plans for the new 3g

shane_lxi
12-23-2003, 05:14 PM
You guys all know what happened to my car... and most of you know hte plans I had for it too. Well, for those of you that don't know what they were here is a listing of what plans I had, and what pland I have added since the accident. These will be going on Kicker's 3g when I get it, so tell me if you guys object to any of it! :) feedback is nice.

Exterior:
- Get mounting hardware off of a werecked teg, and mount bumper right
- Mount up black widow rear bumper if kicker gives it to me, if not I will just buy another bumper that looks good with the R34 front
- Buy black widow side skirts for 90-93 accord
- Fix slight damage to driverside door, and replace left fender
- Put on new trunk lid
- Put on new corner lens
- Make clear corners, and smoke front trim
- Install two 4'' LED lenses to each tail light making a sort of corvette tail light look (though I hate vettes! :P)
- Either shave off, or paint over the side moldings (haven't decided yet)
- Lower 1.5 inches (already have the springs! :) )
- Paint kit, possibly moldings, and tail lights
- EXTREME wash and wax job, lol

Interior:
- Cover all the cream fabric interior with white vinyl
- Reupholster seats with white vinyl stripping, and black fabric
- Buy black carpet insert ($150)
- Touch up black interior paint
- Install white reverse gauges
- Buy metal gauge surrounding plate, and paint black (same color as exterior)
- Two 12'' kenwood subs
- 700 watt Kenwood amp
- Full Kenwood speaker system
- Black floor mats

Engine:
- Cold air intake (kicker sold his, so I am going to get a new one)
- Clean up engine/bay
- Make more stuff red :)

That's pretty much it for now, but I am prolly gonna do more stuff to it after all this gets done, only time will tell....

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!

PortugalFocus
12-23-2003, 05:17 PM
sounds all good man.... good luck with the body kit fitting and mounting

SteveDX89
12-23-2003, 05:30 PM
That all sound pretty good but 4' tall LED's as taillights and 12' subs are way huge. I don't think they'll fit. :D

shane_lxi
12-23-2003, 05:36 PM
I have seen someone on the board do the tail light conversion, and the subs fit easily in the trunk, lol

shane_lxi
12-23-2003, 05:45 PM
These tails:
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/436000-436999/436530_69_full.jpg

And subs like this, only different brand and box. These subs are in kickers car too, the car I am getting:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p888efe1288c87feaab2559aa0980dcb3/fc068b77.jpg

kicker1_solo
12-23-2003, 05:51 PM
These subs are in kickers car too, the car I am getting:

You know you don't get the stereo with it right?

And those LEDs and subs are too big because you said 4 and 12 feet, inches is " not '. :D

shane_lxi
12-23-2003, 05:56 PM
lol. You got me there! :D Yeah I know I don't get the system ,taht is why I said a different brand, and kenwood everything. I am getting all this stuff from a kid at school for 300 dolars. Everything but the cd player (a JVC). I had no idea though about the ' and " thing. LOL. WHY CANB'T I HAVE 4 FOOT TALL TAIL LIGHTS DAMMIT!!!

kicker1_solo
12-23-2003, 05:57 PM
ha, yeah. I don't even have half of that stereo any more. I sold one of my amps to a member on the board and those subs to another member on this board.

SteveDX89
12-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Do you know how hard 12 foot subs would hit? That would be so awesome. It would probably blow the car apart though.

kicker1_solo
12-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Do you know how hard 12 foot subs would hit? That would be so awesome. It would probably blow the car apart though.
car? a CAR? you mean semi truck trailor? :D

shane_lxi
12-23-2003, 06:12 PM
I could fit them behind my 4 foot tailights, they would bump hard enoughto play my tracks, but I could do better... lol. Maybe I could jam my 700 JIGGAWATT amp in there too?! lol

SteveDX89
12-23-2003, 06:14 PM
car? a CAR? you mean semi truck trailor? :D

Nah, just strip the interior and trunk and cut the roof off. Then make a huge custom enclosure behind the front seat all the way to the back of the trunk. You may have to just use a 10 footer.

shane_lxi
12-23-2003, 06:16 PM
I don't want to go any smaller then I have to, at the very least a 12 foot sub, and nothing smaller then 4 feet for the tails. Interior, who needs interior. I could uild little bleechers on my subs, and we could sit on that. lol. I wonder if the neighbors would complain?

shane_lxi
12-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Oh, I forgot to list one small exterior Item:

- possibly mount 90-93 accord stock spoiler with brake LED

I don't know though, there is a 'hoopty' 3g going around town with one on it, and it looks kinda gross, but maybe that is just because of all the added chrome, and 8 inch 1000 spoke wheels, lol. I hate it when people do gaudy stuff like that to our little pieces of mass produced art!!!!

kicker1_solo
12-24-2003, 12:02 PM
- Mount up black widow rear bumper if kicker gives it to me, if not I will just buy another bumper that looks good with the R34 front

About that. This guy was supposed to send it to me, and hasn't yet, so I really doubt that I'll have it by the time you get the car. If I do, then it's yours. If I don't, then we'll have to make other arrangements for you to pick it up if you want it.

Justin86
12-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Well that is Marios car and A20A1 has tha same conversion. Well you have a big list there but I don't know how all of that stuff is going to help you beat me at the WEST COAST meet. :D

Dennis
12-24-2003, 12:44 PM
These tails:
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/436000-436999/436530_69_full.jpg
i searched so shut your mouth... :321:

does anyone know how these tails were made? anyone got a link to description of how this can be done... maybe a how-to? :ugh: who's care is this? i love those tail lights. :bow:

Dennis
12-24-2003, 12:47 PM
oh and i just noticed... :ugh: is that bumper spray painted black? :nuts: looks like it to me. anyways, it looks ok, my wrecked kia has spray painted silver bumpers. :nuts:
http://dennis.reallyrules.com/car/kia.jpg

shane_lxi
12-24-2003, 01:48 PM
there is a thread called 'these tails are mint' that I started the day I saw those tail lights on Mario's car. There is little diagram that mario drew showing how to wire htem the easy way, and the much better, but harder way too. There is also the HORRIBLY easy way that no one talked about on that thread. Just take the normal red lenses off of a semi trailor, and pit them in holes driled in the tail lights, running off the normal lights in the tail light casing. I would recomend rewiring some LEDS though, taht would look far better. Yeah, just search for the title of that thread.

Justin, I doubt I can beat you how the car sets right now... but when I put the B18 in there, your gonna get beat!!!!! JK, I will race you though, who ever wins wins.. :D

Elijah
12-24-2003, 04:07 PM
You wont beat him with a B18.They ae over rated.

shane_lxi
12-24-2003, 04:18 PM
LOL, I don't care, I just wanna get some track action, win or lose :D! A b18 is still ALOT more powerfull then our engines...

Cheeseburger
12-24-2003, 04:42 PM
looks good. it looks like you are going to be very occupied.

Justin86
12-24-2003, 10:50 PM
Yea Mario has the LED's made for the semi's. The only way you will beat me is with a B18C1 and when the it is time for the meet I will have even more done, so best of luck. :D

MattsAccord
12-24-2003, 11:39 PM
Justin's car is slow don't worry about it. Now if you want a real race it willl be 5 large as in 5 bucks.

kicker1_solo
12-25-2003, 12:41 AM
oh and i just noticed... :ugh: is that bumper spray painted black? :nuts: [/img]
and the rest of his car is primered, is there something wrong with that? Almost everyone's car on this board is a work in progress.

LOL, I don't care, I just wanna get some track action, win or lose :D! A b18 is still ALOT more powerfull then our engines...
90-91 Integra B18 130hp
92-93 Integra B18 140hp
that's only 5 and 15 hp more than your new accord has. Get a couple bolt ons and you'll have the same power as those B18s.

Dennis
12-25-2003, 08:45 AM
i didn't find a thread called these tails are mint... :ugh:

i even tried these tails are mine... :nuts: nothing. :werd:

Dennis
12-25-2003, 08:48 AM
and the rest of his car is primered, is there something wrong with that? Almost everyone's car on this board is a work in progress.
listen motherfucker... :nuts: before you try to get smart, read the rest of my post... :ugh: i said it looks nice and even posted a picture of my own car with a spray painted bumper. :321: you're the gayest thing i've ever seen.
:jaw:

kicker1_solo
12-25-2003, 01:39 PM
listen motherfucker... :nuts: before you try to get smart, read the rest of my post... :ugh: i said it looks nice and even posted a picture of my own car with a spray painted bumper. :321: you're the gayest thing i've ever seen.
:jaw:jeez, somebody didn't get it in the ass like they were hoping for last night, it's alright guy, take a chill pill. I wasn't flaming, I was just saying that his car is a work in progress, so maybe his bumper is spray painted.

Justin86
12-25-2003, 08:14 PM
Justin's car is slow don't worry about it. Now if you want a real race it willl be 5 large as in 5 bucks.

Man how I'am I going to pay back that $2,000 ticket with $5 races. You guys better come with deep pockets cause I plan on making a killing. My little bro just called me to say he hit another car on the highway tonight. The SUV he hit has little damage but my bro's 90 accord will need new right fender and headlight and new bumber. Damn kids these days. :nuts:

MattsAccord
12-25-2003, 09:08 PM
What $2,000 ticket. The one that you almost got because you were showing off for some girl in the wal-mart parking lot. :cheers:

kicker1_solo
12-26-2003, 01:38 AM
Man how I'am I going to pay back that $2,000 ticket with $5 races. You guys better come with deep pockets cause I plan on making a killing.
Well I guess I'll put up some hard bank, but I'll have my teg with me, not the accord. :)

Justin86
12-26-2003, 10:11 AM
Well hey they didn't know that I really didn't get it! LOL

Well if you are bringing the Teg then I guess I will have to get my juice sooner then planned. :D SO does any one have $2K they don't want and can donate to my car fund so I can destroy Kickers Teg.

shane_lxi
12-26-2003, 11:13 AM
LOL. The race that destroyed all that we know and understand about cars, a 1988 accord beat out a tuned 1990 teg!
The very thought of that happening are laughable!

kicker1_solo
12-26-2003, 11:23 AM
LOL. The race that destroyed all that we know and understand about cars, a 1988 accord beat out a tuned 1990 teg!

not gonna happen :D
200hp teg (plus nitrous, if he uses it I will too) :D

shane_lxi
12-26-2003, 11:50 AM
Yeah, if he had NAWZ! then I don't think I will even put $5 on the race. I wouldn't mind racing some of the sane 3g tuners at the meet though, lol. The 3g will be more of a looking at car, then a smoking you in a race car, you know what I am saying? lol. Well, I don't really think he will beat you either! :D

AccordArizona89
12-26-2003, 04:07 PM
i can meet p with u guys and bring my girlfriends Brothers EVO 8 ? is that cool? :bandit: j-king

shane_lxi
12-26-2003, 08:47 PM
EVO 8. Hmph, I only have 12 of them, I suppose I co0uld bring one, then I could smoke all of your guys's, hmph, 3rd gen hondas! lol, jk.

shane_lxi
12-26-2003, 09:11 PM
i didn't find a thread called these tails are mint... :ugh:

i even tried these tails are mine... :nuts: nothing. :werd:

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=27663

There ya go 'these tails are mint' just like I said!!!!!

buzzbomber88lx
12-26-2003, 09:25 PM
i have mixed feelings on those tails. they look retro and kinda ghey at the same time. meh i dunno man. maybe it's just the color of the car in the pic.

shane_lxi
12-26-2003, 09:32 PM
I am still thinking about that one. I will prolly either just go tinted red, or tinted very dark black, leaning towards black. I still dunno.

Cheeseburger
12-26-2003, 09:41 PM
i think the black tint will look better

buzzbomber88lx
12-26-2003, 09:45 PM
tinted red looks uber good. i like my celicas tails red but they came stock that way. I have seen a few cars on here with all tinted red tails and they look great.

shane_lxi
12-26-2003, 11:17 PM
I don't know, red on black is a sterio-typed color combo. I think it would look better with black on black. So I think I am going to do that. The way I am going to do it is a couple coats of red, then a couple coats of black, red to get rid of the whites and yellos, then when I do it in black, it will be SUPER dark balck. My sister's bf did it to his civic hatch, and it looks really nice. Then I am going to put a clear coat on it to keep it from chipping. It will look nice! :D

Justin86
12-27-2003, 10:59 AM
Hey it is a tunned 86 accord against a tunned 90 teg. If Kicker gets N2O I get a bigger shot and a cam. If I have to get another job a will but right now $300 a month does me good.

Coroncho80
12-27-2003, 04:29 PM
Paint you taillights like mines!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/coroncho80

kicker1_solo
12-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Hey it is a tunned 86 accord against a tunned 90 teg. If Kicker gets N2O I get a bigger shot and a cam. If I have to get another job a will but right now $300 a month does me good.
lol, I get about double that a week, do we really wanna go dumping money into our cars before the race? :D

shane_lxi
12-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Man, I want to find a wrecked SEi, so I can take the leather seats out and put them in my new car! Does anyone here have an SEi parts car with the seats still in it? (preferably around washington)

Hash_man_Se_i
12-27-2003, 06:01 PM
You would be better of just recovering your seats in new leather. Most se-i's have very cracked or cracking leather seats. I think im going to recover my seats next year, even though they only have some cracks.

shane_lxi
12-28-2003, 01:43 AM
Well, that would cost like $500 US at least, and I am kind of not rich. I only rake in about $600 a month :(. I don't know htough...

kicker1_solo
12-28-2003, 01:57 AM
there's a guy in my town that will do the fronts for $175 and the back for $150

Justin86
12-28-2003, 12:05 PM
I have a Se-i, it is a coupe, I belive the rears will fit, but I think you could make the fornt seats fit cause the brackets are different. The seats are cracking and the rears are not too bad.

And Kicker lets not go dropping a lot of money cause I don't have that income any more. I was getting about $900 a week but to bad I can't do that and school at the same time.

shane_lxi
12-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Where do you live Kicker? Hood River, WA? I think I might just go there and get them covered when the time comes, if it is that cheap. I sure know I won't let your cousin's wife do my interior! :barf: j/k, lol. Is it $175 a piece for the fronts?

PS: You still in high school too justin?

Justin86
12-28-2003, 01:21 PM
I'm in college :cool2:

MrBen
12-28-2003, 06:58 PM
<--- is in college too. One more quarter till I get my Associate, then I still have years of hellish college.

As for finding good SE-i seats in Washington... Fat chance! Get them recovered!

kicker1_solo
12-28-2003, 08:57 PM
Where do you live Kicker? Hood River, WA? I think I might just go there and get them covered when the time comes, if it is that cheap. I sure know I won't let your cousin's wife do my interior! :barf: j/k, lol. Is it $175 a piece for the fronts?

Hood River is in OR, and the place that does that is in The Dalles, OR which is about 15 minutes from Hood River, I live about 30 minutes from The Dalles. And $175 is for both fronts.

zero.counter
12-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Hood River is in OR, and the place that does that is in The Dalles, OR which is about 15 minutes from Hood River, I live about 30 minutes from The Dalles. And $175 is for both fronts.
I know about the PM notification, but I sent you a PM anyways!

Justin86
12-29-2003, 07:10 PM
Yea I might be in college for a while. I'm working on forsetry engineering, and probably getting a mechanical degree on the side maybe get ASE and or mechanical engineering. It will only take me 10yrs and a lot of money but I want to do everything.

shane_lxi
12-29-2003, 08:09 PM
I don't plan on going to college. I can make just as much being a manager at Schwab's. My boss is worth a couple mill and he has made all of his money working for schwab's. And I thought Hood River was also in Washington.... hmm, oh well. Will I hve to run the car throgh emissions when I get it Kicker? And uh, sorry about the long wait on the money there... :(. The insurance office had two vacations already, all of this is happening while I AM WAITING FOR MY INSURANCE MONEY, TO BY MYSELF A NEW FRIGGIN' CAR!!!!!! Really sorry about that though, I'll have it shortly....

kicker1_solo
12-29-2003, 08:32 PM
I don't think washington has emissions testing, I've never gone through it. It's cool about the insurance, you can't rush them lol.

Justin86
12-30-2003, 12:27 PM
Yea I was thinking about working there but I would rather go to college and learn something new. Call me crazy but I do enjoy learning new stuff.

shane_lxi
12-30-2003, 09:09 PM
LOL. If you saw my school grades, you would know why I don't plan on going to college, and why I wouldn't be able to get into one if I did, lol :D. I think I will just work at Schwab's, earn plenty of cash as a manager in 6 or 7 years, then retire at like 65 or sompin', when I will willingly turn over my licence. But I will still keep cars and crap, cuz they are my obesession :D. Yeah, there's my plan. I also plan on keeping my 3g, since all the crap I will do to it will more then double it's resale price, and it will be a classic by then too. LOL, that'll be friggin' funny. When I am 26, I can take my car to 'clasical' car shows. lol. That's gonna kick ass :D!!!

Justin86
12-31-2003, 12:33 PM
nice plan and schwab is a great place to work for. I have two friends that work then and I know the manager but I like firefighting more then changing tires. Well I plan on keeping the 3G forever or until it get totaled.

shane_lxi
01-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey kicker, I was checkin' out an old thread ('pics for shane and all') and I stumbled across this pic:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p30b986b79b6e774a49bc18e3231aa5fe/fa3f49b3.jpg

I never noticed it at the time, and it REALLY isn't a big deal if it is, but is that rust or dirt on the muffler? It is no big deal if it is either, it is on the area you don't see anyhow, I was just curious :). Also, I wanna tint the windows, but I don't know how much it is going to cost though, you guys have any good ideas?

kicker1_solo
01-04-2004, 05:19 PM
it's all dirt. the exhaust is less than a year old, few scrapes but no dents or rust.

Window tinting, $150-$200.

shane_lxi
01-04-2004, 08:06 PM
hmm, that's not too bad of a price IMO. I will prolly get that done right when I get your car, I think it would make it look a LOT better. Oh, and seriously, the muffler thing was nothin', I was just curious :D. Thanks for tellin' me though!

kicker1_solo
01-04-2004, 08:10 PM
yeah, I was always gonna get tint but just never got around to it. My brother's gf's dad does it for a living so I would get it for like $50.

Justin86
01-05-2004, 01:58 PM
shit that is so cheap. Here in town it is $300 for 30% and it has a lifetime warenty so I guess it is worth it. I'm not crazy about tint but if I get it I will get something light.

shane_lxi
01-05-2004, 10:24 PM
We don't have anywhere in broing ol' hoauiam htat does it, so I will prolly have to drive all the way up to Olympia to get it done. I was tlakin' to my bro's wife (the previous owner of my totaled car), and she said she got it done up in Oly for 240, with a 1 year warranty, and they were pretty mint lookin', so I think I am going to go where she got it done...