PDA

View Full Version : Is this tokico strut bad? Can it be fixed?

neoblue89lxi
12-23-2003, 07:53 PM
I went to the junkyard and found an sei with tokico blue struts. They all seemed to be in great condition with no dents in any of them. Also found 87 prelude and got both upper arms with very new ball joints on them for only 15 bucks. Anyways one of the front struts had the bumper stop half off. I pushed all of the struts pistons down and let them rebound slowly which I assume means they are fine but the one front strut with the bad stopper would easily push in with some resisitence and it would not rebound at all. Does this mean it is completly bad and do these struts have a lifetime warranty. I had to get them considering they were all only 20 dollars. Is there a better way to make sure they are in good condition mechanically other than what I did? For the prelude arms, how many washers do I need to take up the extra space from the accord bolt? I have heard 3 and 4 and what size washers should I get? Thanks for the help guys.

zero.counter
12-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Yeah, it's bad. Two tests, the first one being to visually inspect for oil leaks and the second one is to check the amount of resistance.

dXsquared
12-24-2003, 08:51 AM
no worries tho.. a new one is VERY cheap compared to 4 new ones :P

Travis

Mystic1
12-25-2003, 12:49 AM
its so cheap its practly 1/4 of the price

smufguy
12-25-2003, 07:31 AM
Tokikos are not bad shocks if you run it with the right spring. That is with the soft spring. Never run this USED shock with stiffer spring or coils. Thats why i waited 4 months, 2 months of back order for my brand new Konis, saved up the money to do it right. Just dont get shocks or anything crucial for your suspension from the junkyard when you dont know how they have been used or for how long.