PDA

View Full Version : Cold car accelerating problem and also a temp problem

chiller670
12-23-2003, 07:57 PM
1) I have gotten this problem lately since it got cold. My tranny will have weak power in first gear and then jump a few revs into second gear and be fine in all other gears(power and revs). This occurs when the car has been sitting for a few hours a.k.a. the cars cold. But i let the car warm up for 4-5 minutes.

2) The car temp would be warm in 5 minutes usually but this winter its still cold ater 5 minutes an like after driving a while it moves up but sometimes it moves to teh normal position but sometimes it goes to half that and will stay there for the whole car ride. The heat warms up as normal.

:wtf:

rocky2
12-23-2003, 08:14 PM
1.) trans is going....keep doing what your doing let it warm up 1st. You could try a fliud changeout but sometimes it gets even worse,your rolling the dice,it could get better too.

2.) thermostat is eratic. Or possiblie air pockets in system. Try to forse more anti-frezze into system by squeesing upper hose watching level reced.

Justin86
12-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Put new tranny oil in since I beat that it has never been done yet and check you coolant level. Does the heat go up during stop and go driving or highway crusing?