PDA

View Full Version : Well I give up on this damn tranny

Justin86
12-23-2003, 08:18 PM
I have spent a whole fucking month trying to get this whore moving and now after a week all of sudden I have no 5th and reverse. I'm about to leave and when I go to shift into reverse there is nothing there and it goes into 4th. There is extreme play in the shifter and if the shifter in dead center or all the way to the right all I have is 3rd and 4th?????? I pushed my car them brought it into the shop and out of the god damn rain! and look under thinking my shift stabilizer arm cam loose, but of course there is nothing I can see wrong with it. :banghead: :angry: :rant2: :chainsaw:

Sean
12-23-2003, 08:24 PM
what exactly did you do while you were in there ? for a month ?

Justin86
12-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Tried to get the tranny working. I got a 84 lude tranny and couldn't get it to work. Then did some welding and machine work and my original tranny and it wouldn't work. Then bought two more trannys and when I was putting it back together I found out what I was doing wrok the entire time. I had the shaft bolts too tight and it was causing the gears to bid up but of couse that is after I spent $500 on the 3 trannys. :pissed: