PDA

View Full Version : Swap info

stizle
12-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Im back..... For those who know me how ya been? For those who dont let me recap.. first 3rd gee in accident and havent been on tha site in a while.
Anyway ? is i got my baby all fixed it just needs tha paint job, i want to do a swap on her so that she is even better when i finally get her back on tha road. Money aint tha problem here that problem is finding someone to do tha swap 4 me. noone wants to touch it cause of it being pre-obd. Is there anyone on tha site that would know of anywhere that i could get this done or if anyone who has done it would like to help a brother out. Oh yah i wanted to swap it to 5 speed also. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

your old nizzle
stizle

shepherd79
12-24-2003, 04:35 AM
contact place racing for wire harness to convert to OBD.
if you tell people there is a wire harness they will do it.

88LXi68
12-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Our cars are already OBD. Our OBD is OBD-0. What you need to do is send Place Racing your A20A engine wire harness and the engine wire harness of the B-Series engine. They then put the two together.

stizle
12-24-2003, 12:18 PM
so i should contact place racing? Also about tha swap is there a certain place that will perform this for me. I dont want to go to any old speed shop and have them fuck my car up. Will a local shop know what i need for tha swap or should i go to them with all of tha supplies.

85lude
12-24-2003, 04:54 PM
If you don't want to deal with the obd and don't mind tuning carbs then i would suggest putting dual dcoe's on and running it. What kinda motor are you putting in it? it will be kinda costly but i think it will be worth it in my car. I'm puttung a gsr with dual dcoe's in my 85 base prelude

Sean
12-25-2003, 12:32 AM
or going turbo. drop the car off in michigan and wham bam thank you mam i send a whole built car back !

stizle
12-25-2003, 08:35 PM
Sean what are the horspower specs for the turbo that u have built for the a20?? cause if if it is errything that u say it is, i might make that trip, that way all i have to worry bout is swapping to tha 5 speed. holla at me.

Justin86
12-28-2003, 01:15 PM
well if you want to swap a B16A it will be good with OBD-0, but if you want a B18C1 you will need to convert to OBD-I. I know Matt spent $2,000 of all the wiring for OBD-I but you could do it your self for much cheaper.

stizle
12-29-2003, 09:50 PM
Hmmm.... matt lives kinda close to me maybe i should holla at him to give me an idea of what to do. Stil waitin for sean to reply with some specs on that turbo he was talkin bout.