PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found

Bobs89LXi
06-30-2002, 07:31 AM
It's amazing what you can find when you rummage through your glovebox. I had to remove it to get at my blower motor. So I decided that while it was out, I might as well clean out some of the crap that I didn't need. At the very bottom, along with the owner's manual, was an envelope. Opening it was like opening a time capsule into the past. In it were the sales contract the original owner had signed, the cruise control operating instructions card, PLUS the original window sticker. Yes, that's right, she kept the window sticker. I thought that you guys might want to take a gander, so I scanned it. :D If anyone would like a copy in the original, readable size, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you. Amazingly the MSRP was $14,935.

ACCORD EX
06-30-2002, 02:11 PM
that's really coool ! i love original docs !!! :D

MIKE

dj99
06-30-2002, 02:42 PM
I remember turning down the extra 2K for EFI. I am kicking myself now! :rant:

Bobs89LXi
06-30-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by dj99
I remember turning down the extra 2K for EFI. I am kicking myself now! :rant:

Yeah, I remember buying my 86 right off the showroom floor. It had a whopping 23 miles on it. Too bad it was totaled 9 months later. :crying:

dj99
06-30-2002, 06:44 PM
Since we're talking wrecked cars...

I bought a '85 Camry and totalled it in '88. It was probably one of the very few turbodiesel Camry's ever made. So sad! Bent that front bumber down under good. It's hard to believe that my wife and I walked away from it (painfully) because we were wearing our seat belts. Man it was cool when you kicked that turbo in! Kind of a whining vrooom! :smokin:

I wonder how hard it would be to get parts for it now?

The good news is that I bought my Accord with the insurance money! :)

dj99
06-30-2002, 06:46 PM
I tried to attach a photo but it wouldn't accept a 36K jpg file? :confused: