PDA

View Full Version : new clutch

johndej
12-26-2003, 04:55 PM
alright, the pressure plate on my accord is starting to die (155K). does anyone know what the "going rate" on a clutch instolation is? i know its too big for me to do on my own and that i can get the clutch itself for $100.

shepherd79
12-26-2003, 08:35 PM
changing clutch is easy if you have done something like cv-joints or axels changes.

buzzbomber88lx
12-26-2003, 09:15 PM
yeah what shepard said. you will save a lot of dinero if you do it yourself.

ACCORD EX
12-28-2003, 01:31 AM
there is a how to i made in the how to's , i tried to make it as simple as possible ! read it through and check your self out ! and ask any question you like here !

Mike !

nswst8
12-30-2003, 05:52 PM
I just did the clutch on my 89 LXi, it is "TIME" consuming and pretty straight forward, but I would recommend that you replace a few other items while you are in that area.
Rear main $12.00, Drive axle seals $15.00 (use Honda here) Check Flywheel Only $54.00 Autozone if Balljoints are questionable replace same with tie rod ends and above all if you do di it yourself get a Pitman/Tie rod puller $9.99 @ Autozone this will pup the tie rods & balljoints with zero damage if they are still good & if you take it in to have it done check the condition of the rubber boots on the Tie rods & balljoints mechanics have a bad habbit of using a pickle fork on these which destroys the boots and if they do damage them have them replace them free of charge for not using the correct tool thats you pay them to do it. But look to pay somewhere in the area of $350-$450 just for the clutch. LOL
NSWST8