PDA

View Full Version : Car alarm Q?

StUpiD8000
12-27-2003, 12:55 AM
Is thing any good? ....Its not a bad price for a crap car alarm really .....is it? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33721&item=2450872355)

nswst8
01-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Can't really tell you if that is a good system or not, but I can tell you this. 1st you have to determine why you are buying the alarm for. Security, show or other ie:Keyless entry. And the remember this. A alarm system is only a deterent for the morons out there to stupid to bypass it. A professional will bypass anything you put on. and then you have to worry about the smash and grabbers they want to be in & out in 60 seconds. now if you just like to tinker well go ahead. Hope this helped. I bought an Autopage off ebay for $45 shipped but basically only for the Keyless entry aspect. LOL :cheers:
NSWST8

mykwikcoupe
01-05-2004, 09:54 PM
well as with most out there. Ive owned nore than my far share of alarms. I had a major problem with the clifford concept series. I had even more problems with the ungo and alpine alarms. I think my biggest problem was letting the "shit for brains" at car toys touch my car in the first place. I am now back to the solaris from clifford in 2 cars and an ungo in the 3rd.

Ill say that for a major portion, the only purpose of an alarm is to let you know your being robbed. Its so fast to get jacked by pros. By the time you get out there they have your stuff anyway.

I like the convienence of the remote start and remote entry. Other than that, they are bells and whistles.

The one you posted seems to boast the LED light the most so I dont think they have a very good record of being any good. Ive never heard of that company so I cant say for sure either way.

Take the first responce to heart though

Blue Impact
01-05-2004, 10:23 PM
You get what you pay for, my friend. The alarm's alright. It's pretty basic. I wouldn't get it though cuz there's no warranty on the brain and remotes.