PDA

View Full Version : 0-60 time is staggering

smufguy
12-28-2003, 11:20 AM
Well when i had my LX with a carb and fully stock. I made o-60 in 11 seconds shifting at around 4K and on mildly wet road.

But after a year later and swithcing two cars and efi conversion, header, cat, muffler, CAI, konis, progress, Fuel pump, FPR i was able to do the same in 8.6 seconds. I had bad wheel slippage when dropping the clutch from 3K. I was peeling off even upto 6K. Seems like i can do it a lot quicker that this timing.

Any ideas of how to increase the timings people? What about traction? Seems like i understand what Sean was talking about his traction problem. Man....... this sucks. I hate the stupid taller first gear and too darn low second.

Jims 86LXI HB
12-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Well when i had my LX with a carb and fully stock. I made o-60 in 11 seconds shifting at around 4K and on mildly wet road.

But after a year later and swithcing two cars and efi conversion, header, cat, muffler, CAI, konis, progress, Fuel pump, FPR i was able to do the same in 8.6 seconds. I had bad wheel slippage when dropping the clutch from 3K. I was peeling off even upto 6K. Seems like i can do it a lot quicker that this timing.

Any ideas of how to increase the timings people? What about traction? Seems like i understand what Sean was talking about his traction problem. Man....... this sucks. I hate the stupid taller first gear and too darn low second.

OpmMotorsports clutch type LSD & upgrage wheels and tires to performance rubber.

What size, make and model or tires are you on now?

smufguy
12-28-2003, 11:29 AM
im running stock size tires, but the crappy cooper tires in the front and stock size pirellies in the rear. Nothing special tirevise and everything is stock on the tranny.

bobafett
12-28-2003, 04:43 PM
shorter first gear isnt going to help your traction problem! :D

smufguy
12-28-2003, 08:40 PM
High first gear ratio makes your wheel spin faster. thats why all lambo and ferrari and almost every high speed cars have their frist gear ratios lesser than ours.

BITESIZE
12-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Octane booster.........1/4 tank of gas..........balls to the wall!!!!!