PDA

View Full Version : good deal for 160$?

zchb9
12-28-2003, 09:14 PM
2 audiopipe speakers(6.5) 2 8" audiobahn woofers and pyramid 1000 watt 2 channel amp for 159.14$ shipped

All brand new. seems like a good deal to me seeing as how I have no sound other than whats coming from door speakers.

HondaBoy
12-28-2003, 11:27 PM
sounds like what my ex-friend bought last year. he got 2 10s that were over 1000watts a piece and good amp and cd head unit for under $220. your price sounds pretty good to me. i would say go for it! i wouldnt pass up that good of an oportunity.

doosky2k
12-31-2003, 03:01 AM
where do u guys find these deals, I spent $300 on my pretty basic setup! I need to stop buying retail

shepherd79
12-31-2003, 04:51 AM
ebay man, ebay.

zchb9
01-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Ive found a few different sites that offer stuff for pretty cheap. I also know some guys in town who get stuff for cheap. The other day I one of them had a pioneer headunit 50 x 4 pretty new was selling 40$ but I didn't have cash on me and another guy did so he got it.

dXsquared
01-01-2004, 09:20 PM
well... that shit is all junk.. why would you want 2 8's? you have PLENTY of room for 2 12's or 10's

Travis

zchb9
01-01-2004, 09:30 PM
cause ther on sale for 20$ a piece lol
yea i know the stuff junk but i need something all i have is the 2 door speakers.
I want the bigger amp for the Z i have a 300 watt mono (Bazooka) amp and i want bigger cause my main system is in it. But its small and I figure if i can get the 1000 watt 2 channel amp that more than likly doesn't produce what it says should still give me more power than the 300 watt bazooka. and the 500 watt mono bazooka amp is 150$. Yes i should prob stick with Bazooka but high school job doesn't support the best.

MrBen
01-01-2004, 11:05 PM
If youre going to upgrade sometime soon, I would taket he money youre going to spend on the 160 dollar system and save it toward the nice system you want, or nicer. That's what I did and I am glad I did. I knowy ou want that thump, but it's better to wait! :)

zchb9
01-02-2004, 04:25 PM
What would you suggest? I have the bazooka set up with a sony explode headunit in the Z only running 70 watts to each but it hits pretty good in the little hatch. Id like to run more to it but i don't drive it enough to really worry anymore. At circuit city they have the explode package(2 10's 480 watt amp and box for like 198$ i looked at it but ive heard bad things about sony's. Before I got the Bazooka i was gonna get some R F's but the Bazooka deal came up. Ive heard great stuff about memphis but i dunno how pricy they are. Thanks for your advice!

MrBen
01-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Well Sony amps are not that good and typically don't last from what I hear. I know Kenwood has a great reputation for middle of the road amps. As for a sub, it's going to be a matter of taste. Remember you get what you pay for. Keep your eyes in the circuit city ads. I see sub/amp packages in there all the time for around 200 dollars, and they are fairly decent.

FYI, Bazooka is alright, but I have a Bazooka amp sitting here in my room that worked for a few months and then died. I have never heard a Bazooka sub or heard much about it, so I don't know about them.

Also, I am really happy with my Sony Xplod headunit.... I seriously wouldn't trade it for much of anything.

Bottom line, I would focus on getting a Kenwood amp, a minimum 10 inch sub or two (remember you get what you pay for in most cases), and Pioneer speakers (3 ways, mine are model number TS-A1670R and they come in all sizes. I love them.) This would be an ideal system for someone on a budget in my opinion.

Neuspeed87lx
01-02-2004, 07:27 PM
ive had 2 kenwood amps and i love them both.... i got one of them off ebay for 20 bucks ... it was used but it works great .... 800 watts... it pushes 2 10s and they sound great ...... if i were you i would save my money for some quality stuff.... you will be happier in the end

88accordalltheway
01-03-2004, 02:33 PM
You guies are sad, first of all, sony is just a name with a high price. There stuff is ok/crappy. If your going for name subs, go alpine or infinity. There is also a small audio company that has been around forever where i live and their starting to pick up. They are called MA Audio. I have never heard subs hit so hard in my life. their stuff is freaken nutz. For a deck i recomend Pioneer, they are very high quality with many extra equalizers and fine tuning devices. Id also go alpine for mids and tweets.
ma audio 12" d6 sub:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3069629652&category=52479